Trusted Contributor

Prompted by the TSV today.... what's your favorite way to cook salmon?  I'm always looking for new recipes to try Smiley Happy

I usually just bake it with lemon pepper seasoning and lemon slices.  In the summer, I'll poach it for a salmon nicoise salad.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your favorite Salmon Recipe

We eat salmon in my house at least twice a week and, most times, I make it the exact same way each time I cook it.  What I do is cover the salmon with cajun or blackened seasoning and put it in the air fryer for 12 minutes or so.  If the salmon is bigger or thicker than usual, it needs to cook longer.  Temperature setting is 390 degrees.  

Of course, this recipe is only for those who like spicy food.

Honored Contributor

I just brush with butter or EVO and sprinkle brown sugar on it and bake.

Trusted Contributor

@Citrine1 We don't have an air fryer, but I might try this the next time I bake it!  thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I just brush with butter or EVO and sprinkle brown sugar on it and bake.

@Pook this reminds me of my uncle up in Michigan.  He would spread butter on the salmon and then top with brown sugar and breadcrumbs.  Then would pour OJ over and bake.  It was so good!  They lived on lake Huron and he was always out fishing.  He would bring home several salmon a night.  

Esteemed Contributor

Neither my husband nor I have ever eaten salmon. Neither of us like fish unless it's deep fried. Think coconut shrimp or fish and chips.  So maybe if you could deep fry that baby it might be edible.

Esteemed Contributor

Get fresh (not previously frozen) and bake it.  Serve with some fresh lemon for drizzling.  Nothing better.

Honored Contributor

I make a salmon burger recipe from "The Ultimate Burger" cookbook (with a few of my own tweaks).  Let them sit overnight in the refrigerator before frying:

1 1/4 lb skinless salmon cut into 1" chunks

1/2 cup panko crumbs

1/4 cup finely-chopped onion (I prefer the milder flavor of red onion)

1/4 cup chopped parsley

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp Dijon mustard

2 tbsp mayonnaise

1/4 tsp pepper

1 tbsp vegetable oil

Pulse 1/3 of the salmon in food processor until chopped into 1/4" pieces and pour into big bowl.  Repeat with rest of fish. 

Stir in panko, onion, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, mayonnaise, and pepper until mixed.  Shape 1/4 of mixture into 1"-thick patty and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.  Repeat with rest of mixture.  Refrigerate overnight.

Season patties with salt and pepper.  Heat oil in skillet and cook until browned outside and reaching 125 degrees inside (about 4 minutes per side).   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been making a really delicious recipe.  Definitely company worthy and tastes like a meal from a good restaurant.  Google "Skinnytaste Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables."  It's even a  very pretty looking dish!  I am not a cook and this is very easy to make.

Honored Contributor

kalynskitchen dot com/internets-best-low-carb-baked-chicken/

this is very good, I have used it for salmon in the airfryer