Honored Contributor

Re: Your Thoughts On A BLT Salad

I LOVE BLT salads and they're always a big hit at get togethers!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe   Hello back to you!  Thank you for your kind words and good wishes.  I'm muddling through.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

OH YUM!  How can you go wrong with anything made like a BLT!  Im going to try it!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@AuntG  I would remove the bacon...otherwise, delish!

==========

Yeah, because you are smart and eat healthy @phoenixbrd! I remember that from the New Year's weight challenge. I tried to make changes and lost some weight, but I sure enjoy eating.

Thanks to all who responded. I'll use the lettuce just as written in the recipe.

Honored Contributor

They served this in one of the cafeterias at a hospital that I worked at. It had the lettuce and it was delish!

Honored Contributor

I would leave the lettuce out. the recipe I use is everything but that in it-- altho I, myself, would serve my portion on romaine to make it a meal for me. 

Honored Contributor

I have had blt salads and pasta salads but never the two combined.  I just don't think the lettuce in with the pasta sounds great.

I had the most wonderful lettuce blt salad one time with FRIED OYSTERS in it!  One of the best things I ever ate!  Had a little blue cheese in the dressing too and ripe summer tomatoes!  Oh good grief how good that was with the hot crispy fresh fried oysters! 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I love a good BLT pasta salad! Initially, I also thought it was strange to incorporate lettuce, but it adds yet another nice texture to the salad and the green makes everything look and taste fresh.

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG
I’ve missed your posts & recipes.
(I myself have vowed to only post on the recipe board)
Respected Contributor

Sounds yummy. I'd make sure to use Romaine like it says as I think other leaf lettuce would not hold up as well.