Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Way to Make Corn on the Cob?

Microwave and char on the grill

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I hate overcooked corn, and only cook mine for 2 minutes.   

Honored Contributor

I clean, trim and tidy up the husks, then wrap in foil and grill on the BBQ.  They turn out wonderful and are easy to remove the husk and silk.

I also steam them with the husks on.  least favorite way is to boil them...but,sometimes I I do.

Honored Contributor

grill in the husk

not even a comparison 

Honored Contributor

I soak the unpeeled corn in cold water about 20 minutes.  I take the corn out, and pull down a 2 "ish" inch strip of leaves and silk.

Then it goes on the grill, 10 minutes one side, 10 minutes the other side!  Peel in the kitchen over the trash can! using oven mitts.

Amazing!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

I agree.  Over cooked corn is awful.  My ex-husband used to put it on the grill and it was so dried out and over cooked.  

Respected Contributor

I shuck the 'ears', smear some butter on them and put them in my Cooks Essential's Air Fryer on 390 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they look as brown as I want them to be.  OMG  - delish !

Respected Contributor

This is the best way ever...no boiling hot pot of water to heat up the kitchen or stand over, no having to mess with wrapping with plastic wrap or waxed paper to microwave, and the best reason is that the corn is cooked perfectly crisp tender.  You can leave the corn in the pot after releasing the steam to keep warm until ready to serve, too.

http://www.easyaspiecanbe.com/2020/06/pressure-cooker-corn-on-cob.html 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

have cooked corn  every way--husk on, no husk, micro waved, grilled, boiled, wrapped in foil--but I used my Instant Pot  and ----the angels sang------took 2 minutes to cook and a few more to come to pressure----but OMgosh---was perfectly cooked and tasted like candy it was so sweet-----Heart and the corn never touched water as I put it on a trivet so no soggy corn. took me longer to husk it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Boil, then drain. Cover immediately, and let sit 10-15 minutes.

What worries you masters you.