Trusted Contributor

Sweet Potato pie

Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22 wrote:

Butterscotch & Chocolate Pie.

There you go that is my post!!Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Lemon Meringue.  I don't bake - but if they are on the dessert menu - that's my choice.  Next would be pumpkin, then sweet potato pie, banana cream ... in that order.  

Remember Woolworth's?  

Their lunch counter had the best Lemon Meringue pie!  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Lemon Meringue.  I don't bake - but if they are on the dessert menu - that's my choice.  Next would be pumpkin, then sweet potato pie, banana cream ... in that order.  

Remember Woolworth's?  

Their lunch counter had the best Lemon Meringue pie!  

YES!  I remember Woolworth's...but not the pie there...I think when I was younger I was into ice cream at places like that....we also had SS Kresge and a wonderful Sanders in the Detroit suburbs.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@walker   My MIL used this recipe for what she called "Hoosier Pie".  She used a baked Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust in a 9" pie dish:

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup cornstarch

3 cups heavy cream

5 tbsp butter, cut into tbsp-sized chunks

1 tbsp vanilla

Whisk sugar and cornstarch in big pot.  Whisk in cream.  Whisk in butter over heat until thick.  Whisk for 20 more seconds.  Take off heat and whisk in vanilla.  Pour into cooled pie shell and let set 2 hours, then refrigerate for 2 hours. 

Thanks for posting this recipe.  I did Google the Sugar Cream Pie that shoptilyadrop mentioned.  Yum!  Sounds good and very similar to what you posted except I think it had cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

Coconut cream pie.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I thought you were asking what my favorite pie was, not a recipe (I can't make a pie crust so all my pies are made with a graham cracker crust. I like Boston Creme Pie, Chocolate Pie, and Lemon Meringue Pie.

Respected Contributor

Custard, Squash, Pecan, Apple.  I consider Boston cream pie a filled cake.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I thought you were asking what my favorite pie was, not a recipe (I can't make a pie crust so all my pies are made with a graham cracker crust. I like Boston Creme Pie, Chocolate Pie, and Lemon Meringue Pie.

I apologize for straying from the original intent of the thread which is post one's favorite pies.  When I post in the "Recipes" forum I get carried away when I recognize dishes that I remember eating/making. 

Honored Contributor

Pecan, chocolate, cherry, lemon, coconut cream, and peanut butter pie.   

I'm allergic to milk, and it's not a big challenge for me to avoid foods with that ingredient until it comes to pie.   As long as I'm home, I will risk the side effect of ingesting milk to enjoy a slice of chocolate pie, coconut cream pie, or peanut butter pie.   Pumpkin pie is not a temptation for me.