Highlighted
Respected Contributor

At Disney World I came across a mango pie, yes mango pie.  It's not slices of mango, more of a "gel/custard".  It's so delicious.  One of the best things I ever ate in my life.  I bought several of the small, single serve pies home with me. 

Honored Contributor

Can't choose just one.

Pecan

Cherry Crumb

Shoe Fly 

Respected Contributor

I also love most pies. I don’t make them very often anymore either but my favorite is my homemade pecan pie which I only make at Thanksgiving.   I also make a rhubarb pie every spring.   I like blueberry, cherry, apple, pumpkin and lemon meringue too. 

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite keeps changing. Haven't had a raspberry pie before. Should try it.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Blueberry

Esteemed Contributor

Love pumpkin with whipped cream.  My Thanksgiving treat.

Honored Contributor

@walker   My MIL used this recipe for what she called "Hoosier Pie".  She used a baked Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust in a 9" pie dish:

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup cornstarch

3 cups heavy cream

5 tbsp butter, cut into tbsp-sized chunks

1 tbsp vanilla

Whisk sugar and cornstarch in big pot.  Whisk in cream.  Whisk in butter over heat until thick.  Whisk for 20 more seconds.  Take off heat and whisk in vanilla.  Pour into cooled pie shell and let set 2 hours, then refrigerate for 2 hours. 

Honored Contributor

Furr's Cafeteria Millionaire Pie (recipe online)

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

can't choose one - that is illegal

apple, banana cream, mousse

I'm still thinking....

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Pie?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Furr's Cafeteria Millionaire Pie (recipe online)

A local restaurant used to serve this delicious dessert.  I got this recipe from the waitress who made the pie for sale:

Crust:

12 Pecan Sandies cookies broken into pieces (2 1/2 cups processed crumbs)

1/2 cup pecans, chopped

2 tbsp melted butter

Grind cookies and nuts to fine crumb in food processor.  Pulse in butter to mix.  Press into bottom and sides of 9" pie dish and refrigerate for 20 minutes.  Bake in 350 degree oven until light brown, about 15 minutes.  Let cool.

Filling and topping:

20-oz can crushed pineapple in juice

1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tbsp for later

1/4 tsp salt

3 egg yolks

3-oz box pineapple-flavor Jello

1 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed (this can be hard to find)

2 cups chilled heavy cream

Cook pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar, and pinch of salt in big nonstick frypan until liquid evaporates and pineapple lightly browns.  Blend in food processor until smooth.

Whisk yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt in mixing bowl.  Stir Jello and 1/2 cup pineapple concentrate in saucepan until Jello is softened.  Cook over heat until Jello dissolves and is hot.  Slowly add Jello to yolks and whisk quickly.  Pour back in saucepan and stir over heat until a little thickened.  Take off heat and stir in rest of juice concentrate and processed pineapple.  Refrigerate in big bowl for 1 1/2 hours.

Whip cream and 1 tbsp sugar with electric mixer to form stiff peaks.  Whisk 1 cup of cream into chilled Jello mixture.  Fold in 1 more cup cream.  Spoon into cooled crust.  Spread rest of cream on top and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.