Respected Contributor

Yellow Squash & Corn Saute

[ Edited ]

I love yellow squash and DH loves corn, whether fresh or canned.

Found this recipe in my very old files, copied from an unknown  source.  Yellow squash has been looking good in grocery stores lately (for a change, after not always looking good all summer).

YELLOW SQUASH & CORN SAUTE--serves 6

Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat.

Add 1 -1/2 pound sliced and halved yellow squash and one 15.25 oz. can of corn, drained.

Add 1 teaspoon  salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly browned, approx. 8 minutes.

Stir in 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.

I also add some sliced Vidalia sweet yellow onion to the saute mix. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Yellow Squash & Corn Saute

My neighbor gave me some yellow squash from his garden and I wanted a different way to fix it. You answered my question and I thank you. Your recipe sounds delicious.

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 Love yellow squash and fresh corn and your recipie with onions  I do the same thing except I put the squash, pats of butter and corn with onion ( try to use Vadalia onion) in a bowl in my micriwave for 5 minutes.  Delicious.

Honored Contributor

I've been making a version, my own, of this for years. I add green onions to it and really, anything I need to use up. Tomatoes are yummy. It is very good as a salsa type thing too, I serve in with rice or pasta for a cold salad--I use fresh corn off the cob too.