Honored Contributor

Re: YOUR FAVORITE ALFREDO DISH?

@wildcat fan wrote:

I like chicken and broccoli Alfredo the best.  

Recently I tried it with big sausage links.  I browned the sausage and drained then added low fat/low calorie Alfredo sauce from the store.  In a separate pot, I made the noodles then drained them and added to sauce and sausage links.  It was pretty good.  I used Johnsonville sausage which comes in mild or spicy.  Just wanted to try something different!  Of course, we went for a long walk afterwards to burn off some of those calories. 😊

@wildcat fan

Yum!    But I think two walks are probably needed, LOL!

Honored Contributor

Asparagus is also a good addition to these dishes!

Valued Contributor

Here's the American Beauty recipe...just add whatever you choose!

Fettuccine with Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:

12 oz American Beauty® Fettuccine

1/4 cup margarine

3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup heavy cream

2 Tbsps parsley, chopped

Cooking Directions:

• Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
  •  Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; gradually stir in cheese, then cream until well blended. Continue heating sauce, stirring constantly, just to boiling point.

• Remove from heat; stir in parsley. Toss sauce and hot pasta.
Respected Contributor

Almost anything that has the word "Alfredo" in it, I will most likely adore!

It's all about that luscious sauce!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I usually make my own alfredo but had surgery on my dominate arm so can't do much prep yet, however last night I did use a jar white sauce, bought ricotta cheese /spinach ravioli  and chicken breasts. Cut up the chicken, sauteed that and then served the rav and sauce with the chicken; a sprinkle of parm over the top and my fam thought it was pretty darn good. Not salty either. I try very hard not to buy stuff with too much salt. I'm sure my white sauce would have been better but it worked for now.

Honored Contributor

I was shopping yesterday and noticed that Prego sauces were on sale.   The Alfredo versions caught my eye .... one of them was a Basil Pesto Alfredo sauce.   I didn't buy it, but have been thinking about adding some fresh chopped basil to my next Alfredo dish ....  hmmm.