Esteemed Contributor

My dad was a pretty good cook and both he and my mom made beef roasts fairly often - they were always delicious. One time when I was in high school, my dad had cooked a "roast"....and had pre-sliced it. It looked odd to me - not like their normal roast, and the taste was just totally off as was the texture of the meat. It was just awful - the most horrible taste!

I knew it wasn't a beef roast and kept pressing my dad, and he kept saying it was a roast. Finally, my mother broke down and told me - it was beef tongue. I rarely said anything about food because I was always expected to at least try whatever was served, but that tongue did it for me! I told them they could make it any time they wanted, but do not expect me to ever eat it again! LOL - my mother didn't like it either, and my dad never cooked it again!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Worst recipe

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB That is one of my favorite episodes. Makes me want pickles every time. Smiley Very Happy

One of the things that sticks out in my mind about bad recipes is a potato salad someone brought to a church event. She was on a diet and wanted to share a fat free potato salad. It tasted like old carpet smells. She offered the huge bowl left over to us if we wanted to bring it home. Thankfully, I could truthfully say we didn't have any room in our fridge. I would never hurt her feelings, she was being so nice, but that stuff was not in any way edible.

Respected Contributor

@Renata22  Yes, to me that whole show is one of those "they don't make 'em like they used to" things.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB I totally agree. I used to say what they were going to say as my kids would watch with me. They were amazed. I like to see how many seconds it takes me to guess which episode is playing when I watch on tv. Just love that show. Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Renata22  Finishing reading your post gave me the dry heaving feeling hearing about the potato salad and old carpet smell.  Sorry if TMI.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@Renata22  I know, right.  Practically know the scripts by heart.  💟

Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB  Exactly!! That stuff could do that. Smiley LOL