Honored Contributor

rrpell wrote:

I am v8 lover.   I drink it all the time.  Since I've gone to the "low sodium variety", and I miss the "salty" taste, I'll add lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce.

Wow, cool idea!  I also love V8.  Once, years ago, I tried the low sodium one and just couldn't stand it.   I like what you did there!  Smiley Happy

Now, whenever I snag some at the store (still the regular one for me), I only drink 8oz at any given time so I figure it's not that bad.  But then, I don't have a situation where I have to severely decrease sodium intake.

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

I am v8 lover.   I drink it all the time.  Since I've gone to the "low sodium variety", and I miss the "salty" taste, I'll add lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce.

Wow, cool idea!  I also love V8.  Once, years ago, I tried the low sodium one and just couldn't stand it.   I like what you did there!  Smiley Happy

Now, whenever I snag some at the store (still the regular one for me), I only drink 8oz at any given time so I figure it's not that bad.  But then, I don't have a situation where I have to severely decrease sodium intake.

Strange thing has happened.  At first, I didn't like the low sodium.  Now, if I drink the regular, it is too salty!  If I am really craving salt, I can sneak a little bit of salt into my low sodium😀

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Super Contributor

My mouth is watering !  We always had a bottle in the fridge when I was a kid.This is my favorite condiment followed by mustard (yellow, Dijon and spicy brown -lol). I mix it into meatloaf and on potatoes.

Regular Contributor

Off the top of my head, I can think of two things I make that use Worcestershire sauce:  Salisbury steak and Green Bean Bundles.  

Trusted Contributor

I love Worcestershire sauce on my steak...no A1 sauce for me!!

I also make a marinade for london broil that uses Worcestershire sauce as one of its main ingredients.  

Whenever I saute mushrooms to serve with beef, I always add Worcestershire sauce to the beef bouillion I cook them in. 

Respected Contributor

On steak, in meatloaf, added to tomato ketchup. You all have great ideas too!

Respected Contributor

Lea & Perrins!  Just love this stuff.  

I use it mainly for four things:

1.  Make my own shrimp cocktail sauce (ketchup, L&P, lemon juice, horseradish)

2. Make my own low-calorie horseradish sauce for prime rib (miracle whip/miracle whip light, fat free or low fat sour cream, L&P, horseradish).  I have also made the full fat version of this using real mayonnaise and sour cream

3. My own bar-be-que sauce (lots of ingredients + L&P)

and the easiest and happiest...............

4.  Zing Zang bloody mary + L&P