Honored Contributor

Re: Will We Ever See Disinfecting Wipes Again?

[ Edited ]

@wismiss 
I am in southern WV, and my daughters and I have been purchasing Clorox or Lysol wipes for over a month now at Food Lion, Kroger, Dollar General and CVS.   

The wipes are not always available, but we buy when we see them.  Same with brand name toilet paper.   

Dollar General has also carried smaller canisters of Good and Clean brand wipes which say they kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria.  We have bought those, along with packs of Assure brand travel wipes, which are comparable to Wet Ones.  

Valued Contributor

I can't find clorox or lysol wipes in my area, however, a number of people in my area have posted on facebook that they found them. I was luck that I was able to obtain a 3-pack of the Amazon brand for about $8. 

I read recently that the Clorox CEO said that we shouldn't expect these to be widely available in stores until next year. 

Honored Contributor

I think I may have mentioned this before but a couple of weeks ago they had Kirkland brand disinfecting wipes at Costco.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found some on the bottom shelf at an Albertson's I'd never been to before yesterday.  They were putting out displays every where in the store for hand sanitizer and masks.  Millions of that but no wipes except a few packets of the ones I found.   

But I've been looking for weeks for those round tablets you drop in the toilet tank.   Can't find them anywhere.   

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal,

I have been ordering the drop in tablets for my toilet tanks from Wal-Mart.   

Respected Contributor

Both Fry's and Walmart had Clorox wipes Thursday. 

Honored Contributor

Is there something special about these wipes? Couldn't you use a paper towel and Clorox bleach spray. I always found the wipes to be flimsy and they dried out easily. 

Respected Contributor

@swissmiss .

I believe you correctly zeroed in on problem.  According to need reports this week the material that wipes are made of are in scarce supply since its the fabric for PPE masks and gowns.  

No wipes as I check several stores weekly but giving up for awhile.  Too much running with zero results.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Bridgegal,

I have been ordering the drop in tablets for my toilet tanks from Wal-Mart.   

.  Thanks.  I don't shop there but I may run in next time I'm out and see if they have any.   I'd have to order a ton of packets to meet the minimum for free shipping.   Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

I've given up finding them here but I just looked online and you can make your own Clorox wipes pretty easily.  I may try that bc this is getting ridiculous.  Google it.  I was looking at the woman who cut in half a roll of paper towels.  I figure I've done without them for this long but if they are really that easy, why not?