Honored Contributor

Wicked-Good Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Fudge Recipe

Wow, I want need this...

C63B2551-2EBC-4018-B951-53BE9E06B0A1.png

There are two tricks to this decadent, yet wildly simple Kentucky bourbon pecan fudge recipe:

1. use a quality top shelf bourbon
  2. use the finest dark or milk chocolate semi-sweet morsels or squares you can find (standard brands are okay, but a great bourbon deserves a pairing with a divine chocolate.)

INGREDIENTS 

• 1/2 cup of Kentucky Bourbon (plenty of good ones to choose from)
  • 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels (12 ounces)
  • 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounces)
  • 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Pour sweetened condensed milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips into a medium sauce pan. Melt over a low heat, stirring every few seconds with a spatula.
  2. Continue stirring until fully melted. Add bourbon and stir rapidly until fully mixed.
  3. Remove from heat. Pour in pecans, mix thoroughly.
  4. Pour fudge immediately into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Use spatula to distribute evenly and smooth top.
  5. Allow fudge to set in a cool place, preferably over night, but at least a minimum of 3 to 4 hours. Cut into squares for serving. Enjoy

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wicked-Good Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Fudge Recipe

@Chi-town girl - Omg, bourbon AND chocolate - doesn't get any better than that!

Can't wait to try this. Thanks for posting. I have 2 trays of homemade cookies to send in the next couple of weeks - might just include a few pieces of this.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Chi-town girl - Omg, bourbon AND chocolate - doesn't get any better than that!

Can't wait to try this. Thanks for posting. I have 2 trays of homemade cookies to send in the next couple of weeks - might just include a few pieces of this.

@riley1 - a 'festive' treat 😋 Add to my next shopping list - high quality bourbon, chopped pecans and chocolate chips! Looks so simple and yet it's decadent - my kind of recipe 😆

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

WOW! That looks and sounds amazing! Thank you for posting it! 

Super Contributor

Sounds like a match made in heaven......Love bourbon and chocolate.....NOTE:  Make sure you like the bourbon.....just like wine...you don't want to cook with a wine you don't like....

Respected Contributor

Great excuse to purchase some top shelf bourbon. If not crazy about the fudge (which seems unlikely), well nothing lost. A win-win recipe, Lol.

Honored Contributor

Would love recommendations for the bourbon.

I did a quick google search for top shelf bourbon and the best are priced $300- $500 😬 

Costco has some more reasonably priced options which might be the best value. I will take a closer look online and check at the store next week

Esteemed Contributor

I have everything (the top quality bourbon, decadant dark chocolate, and chopped nuts) on hand except the canned milk! Will make a quick trip to the store for a few cans tomorrow.

This sounds like a delicious and easy fudge recipe which my bridge group, neighbors and family will love! 

Thanks for sharing your recipe. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl ............Although Jack Daniels is a blended liquor it would be fantastic in this recipe.

If you really want a top of the line bourbon there is Knob Hill.

If you want a very good inexpensive bourbon try Ancient Age.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Hubby is the fudge maker in our house.  I printed this for him to make when he does the Christmas Fudge.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)