Honored Contributor

Re: Whole Foods Tuna Salad, Weight Watcher Recipe

@CHATTY wrote:

I eat the Starkist tuna salad in the pouch and it is 2 freestyle points and it makes a nice sandwich or on crackers or on lettuce.

Thank you for that information @BLH  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

@Noel7 Your tuna recipe sounds delicious. I would leave out the cranberries though. I would add the apple.  I don’t worry about sugars in fruit. Fructose is harmful in large quantities and it is impossible to overeat 

fructose by eating fruit. I put things in perspective - 1/2 cup of apple in how much? Thanks for posting. 

Hi @SandPiper

I agree with you, and when I was in WW they told us sugar in fruit digested differently, don't eat A LOT of fruit, but have some and don't worry about it.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1

From Diabetes Daily:

White Sugar vs. Fruit Sugar: There's a Big Difference - Diabetes Daily

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/2014/09/white-sugar-vs-fruit-sugar-theres-a-big-difference/

Fruits contain some simple sugars like fructose and glucose, however they also contain longer chain carbohydrates that take longer to digest and absorb. These carbohydrates come pre-packaged with 5 essential nutrients that are absolutely required for optimal digestion, absorption and transport.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for posting this recipe.  It is so delicious and I have it at least three times a week for dinner.  I have managed to lose ten pounds in three weeks.  I'm counting everything and drinking lots of water.  I have thirty more to go and realize the loss will slow some, but anxious to feel better and being able to fit into my "other clothes".  I decided if I created my own diet I would probably be able to stay on track and will be careful when I go on maintenance phase.  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Thanks so much for posting this recipe.  It is so delicious and I have it at least three times a week for dinner.  I have managed to lose ten pounds in three weeks.  I'm counting everything and drinking lots of water.  I have thirty more to go and realize the loss will slow some, but anxious to feel better and being able to fit into my "other clothes".  I decided if I created my own diet I would probably be able to stay on track and will be careful when I go on maintenance phase.  Thanks again!

You are welcome @coconut1818 and congratulations!