Trusted Contributor

Re: Who is your favorite cookbook author?

My favorite is Gina Homolka (Skinnytaste).  All of her recipes are lower calorie but soooo tasty.  Besides her cookbooks, she posts a ton of recipes on her site. Everything has great pictures and easy to follow instructions.  I highly recommend her if you're looking for healthier recipes that don't sacrifice flavor.

Respected Contributor

I collect cookbooks and dearly love them. My all time favorites are the Gooseberry Cookbooks. I have scores of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Ina Garten

Honored Contributor

Can't say I have a fav author but the one whose books I used the most was Bob Wardens pressure cooker ones---they are a stained mess from using. Just got a new Instant Pot so will use them again.

Trusted Contributor

i like the old farm jouirnal cookbooks.  they are not in print but they are really good cook books.

i also like the america's test kitchen and cook's country.

i have an old searchlight cookbook from the 1930's.  it was my grandmother's and i really enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

Another Ina Garten fan here.  I have most of her cookbooks.

I not only love many of her recipes, I love they way they are portrayed in her cookbooks.  A picture for each recipe.  

A sentimental favorite is Dinah Shore.  I have her old "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah" cookbook and her recipe for cornmeal pancakes is still the best.  But sadly, not one picture.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Occasional Contributor

I love Bob Warden 's pressure cooking books. Most things come out great.

Occasional Contributor

Ree Drummond has made the best cook out of me way in to my fitfties. I never had time with a busy career get 5 stars every time have tried with my family and I have tried all the above top chefs for recipes. Favorites are best lasagna ever, eggs in holes and calzones,pasta salad, potato salad, hubbie said best ever and he  ran steak house for 30 years, mashed potatoes, basil tomato soup,higest reviews I have ever got and simple easy instructions. Even though I have her cookbooks and mags its easier to go on line to find all of her recipes are free.

Occasional Contributor

Which pressure cooker do you have I have a couple of Bob Wardens cook books but never had any success with any of 3 pressure cookers purchased from Q sitting in storage last one...always wanted to use them but had disasters of throwing out meals never that would come to pressure.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

My mother's "Betty Crocker" cookbook from the 1950's.  It is loose-leaf pages in a red and white patterned binder.  The recipe pages are stained and marked up from drips and notations in her handwriting.  It is the book she used to teach me to cook, and it is the book I use to this day.  It is one of my most treasured possessions.

@deepwaterdotter  I have that same cookbook.  In my case it belonged to my father.  I still refer to it.  Nice and basic.