Honored Contributor

White House Thanksgiving with Trisha Yearwood

Is on Food Network right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: White House Thanksgiving with Trisha Yearwood

Yet another Snoozefest production. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I can't abide her for a number of reasons! And I don't watch T'Day shows on FN. They're all the same.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the first few minutes and taped the rest.  I will watch later.  It looks like a good show and one that has not been shown.  At least I've never seen it before.  I don't know what all this 'snoozefest' comments are about.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed it. I thought the recipes were down to earth, no "exotic" ingredients needed. It was filmed in the Blair House which they explained that visiting dignitaries stay there. The kitchen is very well equipped, complete with the White House chef & several other staff I'm sure for setting up & cleaning up! The White House chef is married to a chef & when she is finished cooking for the First Family, she goes home to a delicious dinner prepared by her husband!

I enjoyed seeing the beautiful flower & vegetable gardens on the grounds. Dr. Jill Biden & Trisha shared family traditions. I think they kept it low key & interacted well with each other. Glad I watched.

Edited to add: Dr. Biden explained that the White House kitchen is under construction so this show was filmed at the Blair House.

Honored Contributor

It was a nice show, I'm glad I tuned in . 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's coming on here in 30 minutes.  

ETA:  Watching it now.  Love the hand painted walls in the Blair House.  Jill Biden is charming.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I kinda like Tricia Yearwood and her recipies.as for Jill biden she certainly isn't flashy and always smiles.unlike other 1st ladies.ops!trying not to be political

Honored Contributor

I missed it when it aired and thought I could catch a rerun.  However, it seems it was a tease because the only way to view it now is through a pricey streaming service.  I'm sorry I missed it.  I love all things White House, no matter who is in office.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I caught part of it and enjoyed it. I like cooking shows anyway and I have always had a positive outlook on life which helps me enjoy many things especially to do with cooking. My Grandmother worked with James Beard years ago and she sparked my interest.