Respected Contributor

Re: White Frosting for cakes

Welcome back @Barbarainnc! Where have you been hiding? I want you to know I think about you every time I make mug cake-it's one of my favorite things to make!

It's good to see you back!

Poodlepet2

Super Contributor

This is the BEST frosting ever............nothing better than home-made............Yesterday, I made a "boxed" spice cake and made this frosting for it........absolutely delicious..........
Honored Contributor

A relative of mine would make Waldorf Astoria Cake(red velvet) and her recipe used Crisco. Sounded a lot like this first recipe.

Honored Contributor

ID2: Do you think people were not dying of heart disease back in the 50's? You should get some more nutrition info.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Texas Gray Wolf,  Glad you liked it. YUM YUM Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbarainnc wrote:

Thanks, Haven't been here in a while. I enjoyed doing the "Food of the day"

Why not start the "Food of the Day" and see what happens?

Glad to see you back!

Valued Contributor

I also made this frosting and I think it is the best I've ever had!!!! I loved it, and I love white vanilla cake with it. Thank you, it's my new one and only white frosting. I tried a swiss butter cream not too long ago and found myself being disappointed in it. My entire family really enjoyed this recipe, thanks again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a baker but I don't even have a clue what "Dream Whip" is.  Off to google it now.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

evening shade  glad you liked it. YUM YUM  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@rolen wrote:

If I could find Dream Whip I'd try it.  It's basically buttercream with a couple extras.  I do prefer almond extract so I'd use that.

I wanted to try this recipe and was worried that I could not find Dream Whip. But I just got back from the store and they carried it.  It took a couple of trips up and down the baking aisle to find it on a top shelf, but it was there....

Be sure to look on the upper shelf when searching at the grocery store for Dream Whip. 

"Pure Michigan"