Valued Contributor

I attempted to make a whipped topping in the Vitamix and it was a fail.  I Googled info and the suggestion was to use milk and melted butter.  Perhaps not measuring the ingredients was the problem.  Unfortunately, it did not whip up for me.

Has anyone made whipped milk in their Vitamix?

Honored Contributor

Re: Whipping milk in Vitamix

Blenders are not made to incorporate air into a mixture like an electric mixer will do.  Its just not the right tool for the job.  Thats why its called a "blender".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat wrote:

I attempted to make a whipped topping in the Vitamix and it was a fail.  I Googled info and the suggestion was to use milk and melted butter.  Perhaps not measuring the ingredients was the problem.  Unfortunately, it did not whip up for me.

Has anyone made whipped milk in their Vitamix?

@shy bobcat @If there was even a tiny trace of dish soap left in the vitamix it won't whip. It's best to use very cold milk and tiny pieces of the butter. You would do better with whipping cream. 

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat The recipe I use. 

1D98B560-C338-4BF0-B2E4-834F709BDD45.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Vitamix Whipped Cream

• Level: Easy
  • Total: 10 min
  • Prep: 10 min
  • Yield: 2 c (240 ml)

Ingredients

2 cups (480 ml) heavy whipping cream, cold

3 tablespoons (38 g) sugar or other sweetener, to taste (optional)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. 1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
  2. 2. Select Variable 1.
  3. 3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. 4. Blend for 12 seconds for soft peaks. Do not over mix. Serve within two hours.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   Don't tell Jan Mueller that the Vitamix is "just a blender". He might have a heart attack.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't know much about cooking but I don't think it sounds very appetizing to think of butter in whipping cream?

Is that really what you put in milk, etc?

I used to whip up cream.  It would get very stiff like it's supposed to do but I never used butter in it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't know much about cooking but I don't think it sounds very appetizing to think of butter in whipping cream?

Is that really what you put in milk, etc?

I used to whip up cream.  It would get very stiff like it's supposed to do but I never used butter in it?

@Annabellethecat66  .... yes, I agree with you..... it doesn’t sound good to me.😉😋

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @January121 

Heavy whipping cream will turn to butter if whipped too long.  I recall a time I took HWC from the fridge and shook the container several time to get it all blended and to my surprise, it had began to solidify into butter!

@shy bobcat 

Were you looking for a hack to make whipped cream from milk?  I take it you had no heavy whipping cream on hand and were seeking a way to make it with milk and butter.

Valued Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 @January121 

Heavy whipping cream will turn to butter if whipped too long.  I recall a time I took HWC from the fridge and shook the container several time to get it all blended and to my surprise, it had began to solidify into butter!

@shy bobcat 

Were you looking for a hack to make whipped cream from milk?  I take it you had no heavy whipping cream on hand and were seeking a way to make it with milk and butter.

@vabreeze 

Yes, that is what I was searching to do.  I didn't have whipping cream and didn't want to go to the store so, I Googled my question.  I assume adding the melted butter to the milk was to increase the richness.  I thought I had heard that the Vitamix would whip milk.