Trusted Contributor

Re: Which Do You Favor More?

I'll take pasta salad, hold the olives.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG Pretty much an impossible choice for me since I like both equally.  If really pushed I guess I'd choose potato salad but usually I have both that I've made from scratch available for a cookout.

I also make them year round for other occasions.  I can have pasta salad as my lunch or dinner.  Love them as sides for a sandwich--turkey, ham, or Italian sub.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   First off, I love mushroom anything!  I always have!  Your meatloaf sounds like heaven to me!   Especially with a mix of ground been and pork sausage.  Mushrooms and something a little spicy are always a hit with me. 

As far as potato or macaroni salad:  I like a pasta salad that I would make that has some tartness to it.  I like one with some maybe pickled veggies in the mix.  I don't like overcooked pasta with a pasty dressing.  I want a good tart oil and vinegar dressing on it.

Potato salad?  Once in awhile (with spicy bbq) I like a creamy tart/sweet bland one.  But mostly, I like my own homemade oil and vinegar "Italian" style dressing poured over hot chunks of not-too-soft potatoes with a little grainy French mustard thrown in the mix.  Fold gently and let cool in the fridge.

I am not a huge carb person, so I don't crave these things or have them often.

Valued Contributor

Potato!

Honored Contributor

Pasta

Esteemed Contributor

I love both but if I had to choose, it would be potato salad.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown