Honored Contributor

Where do you save recipes on your computer?

Where do you find recipes on your computer? 

I find a lot on FB - especially since my cousin's wife posts recipes every day.Her's are always delicious. I store them in my POCKET app. Every so often I go through and delete the ones I haven't used. 

My favorite so far - from my cousin's wife - creamy sundried tomato and chicken pasta.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where do you save recipes on your computer?

I take screenshots on my iPhone and iPad of recipes I find on the internet then save them in the Note app.  That way they are easily available on my phone when I'm at the grocery store.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Where do you find recipes on your computer? 

I find a lot on FB - especially since my cousin's wife posts recipes every day.Her's are always delicious. I store them in my POCKET app. Every so often I go through and delete the ones I haven't used. 

My favorite so far - from my cousin's wife - creamy sundried tomato and chicken pasta.

That sundried tomato and chicken pasta sounds yummy!  😍

Honored Contributor

i save recipes to pinterest and they are all organized there.

it is my online scrapbook.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I don't save any of them on an electronic device, I print them out and put them in a photo album, yes, the old fashioned kind with

pages and peel back sheets. 

When it's time to make something, I'll put the sheet from the photo album binder and if it's no good, toss in the trash and it's gone.  If it is good, date it and mark very good so I can enjoy it again.

Respected Contributor

I still use a PC and on which I have a folder named "Recipes." That folder is broken down into sub-folders, categories, like a cookbook, e.g., appetizers, beverages, confections / desserts, main dish, etc. As of this typing, 1,700 documents are saved in the sub-folders.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I have a three ring notebook that I started as a sophmore in high school!  Over the years, I've added and added.  The notebook is so over stuffed the outer edge of the notebook is about 4 inches apart!  

I also have recipies on the computer in a recipe file.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the archive feature in my e-mail for most of the recipes that are of interest to me.  I also have folders for specific ones like baked goods, crockpot recipes, and holiday recipes.  Since I just got a new printer, I do print out some recipes that I use often.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@ECBG  I know!    I have three of those notebooks. Woman Embarassed  Someday, someday, I will get them typed.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I still use a PC and on which I have a folder named "Recipes." That folder is broken down into sub-folders, categories, like a cookbook, e.g., appetizers, beverages, confections / desserts, main dish, etc. As of this typing, 1,700 documents are saved in the sub-folders.

This is pretty much what I do, in my FOOD folder that's stored in MyDocuments. I've got all of those breakdowns, plus Reference and some separate folders for specific recipe types like barbecue, chicken salad, kale, Chinese food, etc. Just checked and I have 1,153 files in there. But I have more than that many hard-print cookbooks. I love reading about food.

Love your recipes, too, @IamMrsG. Always look forward to your thoughtful posts.