Trusted Contributor

Where did the Cookie Board go?

I would like to find the recipes? Also I'm looking for a tried and true Eggnog Cookie and an Italian Ricotta Cookie with Glaze. No Anise please.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where did the Cookie Board go?

[ Edited ]

We never had a cookie board that I know of. Here are a few recipes that were posted on the Q boards before all the changes & are now online another site. If you search bb recipes on Google you will find the site with lots of old recipes posted here on the QVC boards. Hope these are what you are looking for.

• Egg Nog Cookies (Jerz girl2)

1/3 cup. sugar
1 cup. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg yolks
2 1/4 cup. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Filling:
1 T. sugar
1 T. flour
1/4 tsp. almond flavoring
1/2 cup. commercial eggnog
1 egg yolk

In a medium bowl, cream sugar, butter, vanilla and egg yolks until light and fluffy. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. Gradually add the flour and baking powder to creamed mixture, mix well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

Filling: In small saucepan, mix sugar, flour and almond flavoring. Gradually add eggnog and cook over low heat until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. In small bowl, blend 2 T. hot mixture into slightly beaten egg yolk. Return to saucepan, blend well. Cook just until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly. Cool.

Preheat oven to 350 Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. With thumb, make imprint in center of each.

• Field's Eggnog Cookies (ocd shopper)
    • 2 ½ cup Flour, all purpose
      1 teaspoon Baking powder
      ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
      ½ teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
      1 ¼ cup Sugar, white
      ¾ cup Butter; salted, softened
      ½ cup Eggnog
      1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
      2 large Egg yolks
      1 tablespoon Nutmeg, ground

Preheat oven to 300F. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. mix well with a wire whisk and set aside. In a large bowl cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed just until combined. Do not over-mix. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula
      Yield: 36 Cookies
  • Ricotta Cookies (stripyfax)
    • 2 cups sugar
      2 sticks butter
      1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
      1 tablespoon vanilla
      2 large eggs
      4 cups flour
      2 tablespoons baking powder
      1 teaspoon salt

preheat oven to 350

cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add ricotta, vanilla and eggs and beat until well combined.

Add flour, baking powder and salt.

Drop by tablespoon full onto cookie sheets. Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Ice and sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles.

Icing
      11/2 cups confectioners sugar
      3 tablespoons milk

Mix until smooth. Ice cookies and sprinkle on sprinkles before icing sets.

These are soft and delicious cookies.

RICOTTA CHEESE COOKIES (Bluecat2) Makes about 6 dozen

For the Cookie:
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter softened to room temp.
2 tsp. vanilla
1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
4 cups flour 1 tbsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Icing:
1 cup sifted powered sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Once mixed, add to creamed mixture and mix well. (if batter looks dry add a bit of milk). Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake 10-15 minutes until brown on the bottom (top will be slightly wet). Let sit on a cookie rack until cooled. Drizzle icing on top or dip the top of the cookie in.

Icing Directions:
Mix powered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tbsp milk. Stir in milk one tsp. at a time, until drizzling consistency.

“Our family usually puts some sprinkles on top while icing is still wet. Enjoy!”

Trusted Contributor

@kitty4me  

Are you talking about the Virtual Cookie Swap that the hosts usually have here on QVC?

Maybe someone else on this Forum knows where it is posted or when it starts.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

You are always SO kind in helping everyone out finding recipes.  It is so nice of you to post those all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Honeybit wrote:

@kitty4me  

Are you talking about the Virtual Cookie Swap that the hosts usually have here on QVC?

Maybe someone else on this Forum knows where it is posted or when it starts.

@Honeybit @Honeybit @RespectLife 

Found the Virtual Cookie Swap. There are only 2 recipes there right now.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Celebrate-our-Big-Today-s-Special-Value-with-a-CookieExchange/ba-p...

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nightowlz

You are always SO kind in helping everyone out finding recipes.  It is so nice of you to post those all!

@RespectLife Thank you. I was not busy so I figured I would see what I could find.

Honored Contributor

Here is a link to Tina's/KitchenAid Lady recipes from the show on QVC.

http://www.epicuricloud.com/qvc-recipe-index/

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz Thank you so very much for taking the time to share these recipes for me It is very kind of you. I really did think there was some kind of Cookie Board before the updated the Boards. Is there a link to the Host Cookie Recipes from past and Present? 

Spoiler
Heart
Honored Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:

@Nightowlz Thank you so very much for taking the time to share these recipes for me It is very kind of you. I really did think there was some kind of Cookie Board before the updated the Boards. Is there a link to the Host Cookie Recipes from past and Present? 

Spoiler
Heart

@kitty4me No link for past recipes from the Hosts that I'm aware of. The site with some of the past recipes from the recipes board are posted online. If you search Google for bb recipes you will find it.

Trusted Contributor

Several years ago, QVC did indeed have a special board just for holiday cookies.  It was only up for a few weeks in November and December, and it was a way to allow users to post and share only cookie recipes.

It has been several years since that happened (either three or four if I am not mistaken), and it was long before the boards changed over to the new format.