Honored Contributor

Re: Where Are Driscoll Strawberries

Okay, so what a tease, I was only able to get Driscoll strawberries once! They have disappeared AGAIN!

Respected Contributor

Western NY here, @Jordan2 , and I've been picking them up locally for the last couple of weeks.  Supply and demand shouldn't pertain to Driscoll's STRAWBERRIES dontchaknow! Woman LOLHeart   Hope you get yours soon!

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

in the market basket flyer i got in yestaudays paper they had driscolls strawberrys advertized.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know.  We get them here too in S. CA.   They are always juicy and so sweet.

The strawberries I've been buying are not as sweet nor as firm.  I get so tired of buying produce that in 2-3 days is already mushy.  

I can't find good bell peppers.  I can't believe what stores put out.   They look like week old produce.   

I'm not paying $2.50 or more for old strawberries.   They are selling here for 85-97 cents for a 16 oz container.   

Honored Contributor

I was in Foodtown today and I asked the produce manager "Where are the Driscoll strawberries"? He tells me they just order strawberries, they have no control as to what brand is sent. He said they only got Driscoll once! He told me Driscoll probably wants more money for their berries and the customers wouldn't want to pay more for them. I would!

Valued Contributor

They have been in the stores in the Bay Area just north of the Driscoll fields for quite awhile. So coming to you soon I hope. 

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was in Foodtown today and I asked the produce manager "Where are the Driscoll strawberries"? He tells me they just order strawberries, they have no control as to what brand is sent. He said they only got Driscoll once! He told me Driscoll probably wants more money for their berries and the customers wouldn't want to pay more for them. I would!

Jordan2,

Where are Foodtown stores if you don't mind my asking.  The name is familiar to me.

Honored Contributor

I got some today, under$2.

Respected Contributor

Our stores have them, but I don't like them.  They're not ripe and are bitter, not sweet.  

Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Jordan2,

Where are Foodtown stores if you don't mind my asking.  The name is familiar to me.

@Frosted Cake I'm not sure how many there are but the one I go to is in Hewlett, Nasau County in New York. I think there are at least 1 or 2 more in New York.