Trusted Contributor

Re: Where Are Driscoll Strawberries

just bought some today at Walmart.  they have been at Walmart for weeks. CA Driscolls are the only strawberries I will buy.  I do not like the FL berries.  They are not sweet and have little flavor.  

Valued Contributor

Bought some, today, at my local Market Basket.  Unless I am eating "just picked" strawberries, I hull and slice supermarket berries and squeeze the juice of a fresh  orange over them with a little sugar and let them rest for fifteen minutes.  I find it improves their flavor.  I can't taste the orange and the berries taste like better strawberries. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

I bought some wonderful Driscoll strawberries from my local Meijer store about 2 weeks ago. They were fabulous! I haven't been able to find them, anywhere, since. No one has had any shipments. I was wondering what is going on?

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

Bought some, today, at my local Market Basket.  Unless I am eating "just picked" strawberries, I hull and slice supermarket berries and squeeze the juice of a fresh  orange over them with a little sugar and let them rest for fifteen minutes.  I find it improves their flavor.  I can't taste the orange and the berries taste like better strawberries. 

@rrpell

Very interesting suggestion!  I am going to have to try the OJ!

I live in western New York and Driscolls have been in Wegman's for several weeks now.

Just purchase them Sat. for a Strawberry Tart.  Which they were....LOL...not very sweet yet at all.  Maybe the OJ would have helped.

I sprinkled a little 10x to help them...didn't want them too sweet, but these were quite tart.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

@rrpell

I live in western New York and Driscolls have been in Wegman's for several weeks now.

Just purchase them Sat. for a Strawberry Tart.  Which they were....LOL...not very sweet yet at all.  Maybe the OJ would have helped.

I sprinkled a little 10x to help them...didn't want them too sweet, but these were quite tart.

@RespectLife

I got the idea from Anne Burrell, on the Food Network web-site.  Some time ago, I tried her recipe for lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberry sauce. She squeezed fresh OJ on the strawberries (with a lot of sugar), let them sit for a half hour, and it made the most heavenly pancake sauce.  Actually, her whole recipe is devine!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

@rrpell

@RespectLife

I got the idea from Anne Burrell, on the Food Network web-site.  Some time ago, I tried her recipe for lemon ricotta pancakes with strawberry sauce. She squeezed fresh OJ on the strawberries (with a lot of sugar), let them sit for a half hour, and it made the most heavenly pancake sauce.  Actually, her whole recipe is devine!

Thanks @rrpell

I recently copied a recipe that called for strawberry sauce and I was wondering what aisle that would be in.

Now I can make my own!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I've seen Driscoll fresh fruits at Walmart grocery when I go down aisles near there.

I went to Walmart last week, they didn't have any strawberries. 

@Jordan2, We did have strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.  Hopefully you'll get some soon.

Honored Contributor

Still no Driscoll strawberries in my neck of the woods. I asked the produce manager where I shop if they're ever going to get any, he said he hopes so. It seems I'm not the only customer who has complained. 

Trusted Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

Bought Driscoll's organic strawberries at whole foods last week in NY! 

I just got some here in NJ.  I find only the organic ones have that great strawberry taste.  The others taste like cardboard. 

I do splurge on all berries and only buy the organic.  They say that berries are like sponges and really soak up the nasties chemicals.  My nutritionist told me to skip

berries alltogether unless I was willing/able to get the real deal.

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy the Driscoll  strawberries have finally found their way to my area! These are so much better than the ones I had to buy.