Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite fudge recipe? I may indulge in making some this year!!

[ Edited ]

This recipe is from my mother's Betty Crocker Cookbook:

4 cups sugar

1 1/3 cups half-and-half

1/4 cup corn syrup

1/4 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup cocoa

1/4 cup butter

2 teaspoons vanilla

Grease 8"x8" pan with butter.

In 3-quart saucepan, cook sugar, half-and-half, corn syrup, salt, and cocoa over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cocoa and sugar are dissolved.  Cook, stirring constantly, to 234 degrees or to soft-ball stage.  Remove from heat and stir in butter.

Cool without stirring to to 120 degrees, about 1 hour.  Add vanilla and beat vigorously for 10 minutes with wooden spoon until thick and no longer glossy.  (Mixture should hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.)

Spread in pan and let stand until firm, about 1 hour.

Honored Contributor

we always use the recipe that has condensed milk in it. it is super easy, delicious, and it can be made in less than 20 minutes. it is an easy one to switch around also by using different flavored morsels, adding toffee crunch to the top, adding an extract, layering two flavors, and using different nuts or add ins.

will find the recipe later if someone doesnt post it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal Going to need some pics of the She cove too!Love the idea.A friend has a she shed in her back yard that is like a doll house with kitchen and bathroom.Some people know how to live.She uses hers for painting and reading and sometimes tea parties.

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

@qualitygal

I have been making the traditional SEE’S fudge ever since I was a kid. I started making it with my mom. Never used a candy thermometer, just did the soft ball test in a glass of water.

I will dig my moms book out today and post it. She always wanted to keep it secret but I don’t play that way.

Stay tuned...😉

I sometimes use a traditional fudge recipe and discovered I could do it in the microwave in a 3qt Corningware casserole without having to stir. I too, use the soft ball test.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Mother always made fudge, rocky road, and peanut brittle.  I was never much of a fudge fan.  Hers was good by fudge standards but wow was it sweet!!  I remember it had that marshmallow cream stuff in it and it was very easy.  And nuts,  It had big pieces of pecans in it!  

Respected Contributor

My Mom made THE best fudge every Christmas.

Cocoa Fudge

2/3 C Cocoa

3 C Sugar

1 1/2 C Milk

Dash Of Salt

1/2 t Vanilla

2 T Butter

Bring cocoa, sugar & milk to a boil. It will cook up & then cook down to a soft ball stage. 

Add salt, vanilla & butter. Stir until butter melts.

Set pan in a sink of cool water & stir until fudge looks glossy.

Pour onto a shallow, buttered plate.

Let set for a few minutes & then cut it before it completely sets.

This fudge is amazing, but it's all in the timing & no one, but my Mom could make it.

She is now in a Memory Care Unit with dementia & I'll never get that fudge, again.

Unless one of you conquers it & sends me a piece!

Respected Contributor

Hands down my most requested fudge recipe, White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Fudge.

3DEA0092-3D5D-4544-86DC-7C2C5974F9DF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Borntoshop  Are you just going to torture us or will you share the recipe?  It's so pretty, it would be a great addition to a plate of candy. White fudge is my favorite.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I found this no cook Peanut Butter Fudge recipe online and it is delicious!!!!  When my son moved out, this is one recipe he wanted me to write down for him.  If you click on the recipe title, it will take you to the page with the recipe.

70 (1 1/4-inch) Pieces

1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese (regular or Neufchatel)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 Tbsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil so that foil extends over the sides of the pan.  Put the cream cheese, peanut butter and peanut butter chips in a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave on High for 45 seconds.  Remove from the microwave and stir.  Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until the mixture is melted.  Stir in the vanilla; blend well.  Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, using your hands to knead it into the peanut butter mixture.  After the powdered sugar has been incorporated, press the mixture evenly into the foil-lined pan.  Let stand at room temperature until set, about 2 hours.  Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate.  The next day, use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan. Remove the foil, place the fudge on a cutting board and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624, be careful what you wish for, lol!  Enjoy!

F1AFABCB-7ECD-4DDD-8DCD-A400E35CCAE3.jpeg