Honored Contributor

Re: What's on your dinner menu tonight?

I had a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory so I had an orange for dinner.  

Honored Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

We're having grilled chicken, turnip greens, corn, and a pineapple salad with cheddar.

OK, @ECBG, I have to ask: what is pineapple salad with cheddar?? That's a new one for me.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

@sabatini, Please excuse me for not getting "cheese" after cheddar.

The salad we had was popular when I was growing up.  Pineapple or pear halves, canned in juice,  on lettuce, (sometimes a little mayo or cream cheese), and shredded cheddar cheese.  When I do a fruit salad, I only use fresh.  (This appears to have bacon bits on it).

Image result for pineapple on a lettuce leaf

Respected Contributor

Oh wow, @ECBG, that looks and sounds delicious! It's so interesting to hear about the foods that others grew up with that I've never experienced.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

Angel Hair Pasta with Bacon, Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Pasta and chicken casserole, fresh green beans with onion and bacon and garlic bread.
Honored Contributor

What a fun thread!  Last night (and for the next few nights) I had/will be having the Hawaiian Sloppy Joe recipe I posted on a separate thread.

Thanks for the great ideas and recipes that have been posted and thanks to @Quse for starting this thread!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

We're having grilled chicken, turnip greens, corn, and a pineapple salad with cheddar.

OK, @ECBG, I have to ask: what is pineapple salad with cheddar?? That's a new one for me.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

@sabatini, Please excuse me for not getting "cheese" after cheddar.

The salad we had was popular when I was growing up.  Pineapple or pear halves, canned in juice,  on lettuce, (sometimes a little mayo or cream cheese), and shredded cheddar cheese.  When I do a fruit salad, I only use fresh.  (This appears to have bacon bits on it).

Image result for pineapple on a lettuce leaf

@ECBG my mom used to make this all the time and it's very good.  She would use canned pears and cottage cheese on iceberg lettuce.  Very refreshing especially in the summer . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I got my Kansas City bacon and last night had "breakfast for dinner" as @Catty2 did earlier.

Phew! Every time I do this, I swear I'm not going to do it again, too much work and pans. I made homefries with onions and peppers, 2 kinds of bacon (the pepper bacon is DELISH!!) ,an omelet with local farm fresh eggs and the leftover pumpkin croissants from Thanksgiving. I was going to make quich lorraine, but ran out of time to cook the ham..so..omelet. I was also going to make waffles but was too tired. 

It was good, but of all days, last night I was too tired to do all that chopping and peeling..

I think next breakfast for dinner will be a bowl of cereal.....(who am I kidding? I'll do it all, and more, and say the same thing)...

Now back to our regularly scheduled one pot meals...lol

Respected Contributor

Slow cooker white chicken chili served with tortilla strips.

Respected Contributor

Butting in here on the subject of the pear salad. The pic below is how I mostly remember them being served, although I don't recall ours having nuts. But that looks like a nice addition. I never ate them as a kid cause I didn't like cheese or mayonnaise...I was crazy back then. Ha!Related image