Respected Contributor

Re: What's on your Easter menu?

@Noel7  I just came back to amend my menu and found your nice comment to me.  Thank you.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Not sure but I do know will be nice day! My newly married niece & hubby hosting at their new home (a big task 35 of us!).

As I posted in another thread - Greg from KC steaks catered her recent wedding - every thing from appetizers to a spectacular filet mignon/lobster dinner to outstanding beautiful desserts was delicious!!!  Very high end caterer held at a beautiful estate in PA. He was there overseeing every aspect of the affair & most pleasant.

So I'm going to call her tomorrow about sending a KC ham to her. I've had the steaks & others have had the ham. (I will be in town

for Easter to help her). I do know everyone is bringing something - she is planning all those good "traditional" sides, deviled eggs, antipasto, candied sweet potatoes & homemade ricotta cream cheesecake, carrot cake (adults) cupcakes for the kids.

The most important item is our traditional "lamb" made from butter. My grandmother to my mother to me taking over hosting it was always a cute centerpiece on the table & Easter bread. Some traditions need to stay!

Happy Easter 🐰🐇 have a blessed day...now, I'm hungry after reading all these yummy menus!!!

@homedecor1

Love reading about your Easter butter lamb!  Our family has been making them for decades, I put up a photo of one that looks a lot like the one we make.  It's on the opening page. 

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker Thank you again, I ordered right away, and it shipped the same day, now that is service!

You and your famlly have a Very Happy Easter as well!

Honored Contributor

Hi @sfnative

Nice to see you back, Happy Easter.

Valued Contributor

We are going out to Brunch. I need a break, I host Thanksgiving and 2 out of 3 Christmas get togethers. We will have a couple of late afternoon desserts available back at my home.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

yes that's the lamb butter (your pic) Easter would not be complete without 1 (or 2) gracing the table!!!🐰🐇🐇🐇

Honored Contributor

First time ever I'm not hosting Easter dinner this year! We're just going to hit an Easter brunch at one of our restaurants nearby. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @sfnative

Nice to see you back, Happy Easter.

@Noel7

Thanks, Noel.  I just had to leave at a drop of a hat.  Simply couldn't take the frustrations of log-in brick walls and finally not being able to log in at all.  So many people on these boards tried to help, as did mods, but to no avail.

Anyway, I forgot perhaps the most important item on my menu: the tribute to my Russian grandfather and that would be Russian Easter Bread - Kulich.  Orthodox Easter falls on the same day as Western Easter, so this year we celebrate one Easter versus two.

Happy Easter!

Valued Contributor

Dinner for 30 people...

Ham
Fried Chicken
Corn Spoonbread Casserole
Baked Beans

Honey Glazed Carrots
Potato Casserole

Roasted Potatoes
Broccoli Casserole
Homemade rolls

Salad with honey walnut dressing
Pressure Cooked Southern Green Beans
Deviled Eggs
Desserts

and whatever else guests decide to bring

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@Noel7  Ham, yams, grilled pineapple, potato salad, snow peas, maybe stuffed eggs for DH, and I just finished making a lemon cheesecake with lemon glaze, basically a lemon curd.

Happy Easter Smiley Happy