Honored Contributor

Re: What's for breakfast? Any ideas for easy, healthy and tasty stuff?

@castlenv wrote:

I like Trader Joe's french toast and waffles.  Not too bad nutrition wise and I usually add a banana.  Quick to make and very tasty, IMO.

@kaydee50

Do they stick with you?  I love these kinds of things but I end up feeling hungry in just a little while.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I like peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and banana on Dave Killer Bread. The bread has many varieties and is kinda pricy but very filling and good. 

@Meowingkitty

Dave Killer Bread?  I never heard of this --- where do you get it? Is it high in calories, etc?

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Nuts! Yes, I often have either peanuts, walnuts, or pecans with my coffee. They're delicious and quick!

@Goldengate8361

I like nuts and hear that walnuts and almonds are very good for a person.  I don't know that I would feel satisifed with eating just nuts though.  Knowing me I would eat a bunch of those and still want something else!! 

Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

How about a Granny Smith apple sliced up and spread with peanut butter.

Or sliced strawberries over either yoghurt or cottage cheese and sprinkled with almonds.

Yummmmm!

@forest4thetrees

I do like apples a lot.  I could try that!  Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I'm not sure how easy this is, but i've been sauteeing a variety of veggies on Sunday, cut into small pieces - bell pepper, onions, zucchini, sweet potatoes, spinach, then storing them in a Lock-n-Lock container.  In the morning I heat some, about a cup, in a small pan, throw in a scrambled egg and have a verggie omelet.  Yes, it's an egg a day, but it's protein and the veggies help keep me full all morning.

@house_cat

That sounds very tasty but I would onl be able to do that ocasionally.  Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Toasted English muffins...  drizzled with honey,  spread with peanutbutter and/or fruit.  Spread with butter and topped with thin slices of cheddar cheese ( My favourite).  Blueberry waffles with REAL maple syrup.  Cottage cheese and fruit.  Greek yoghurt and what ever takes your fancy.  

@candys mine

I do love English Muffins but they never seem to stick with me.  If I eat a lot for breakfast, then it seems to set the tone for the whole day and make me want to eat all day.  Its like I  can't find the right balance.  Too little and I am hungry quickly and too much and then my brain signals --- eat, eat, eat all day!!!  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Sweet potatoes (steamed)

Soy yogurt/maple syrup dressing

I used Japanese & Hannah sweet potatoes,

two organic varieties I purchased at Whole Foods.

Filling! 

@sidsmom

I like sweet potatoes and yams but never would have thought of eating them for breakfast! Hmmm -- something to think about!  Thanks!! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Avocado slices on toast with a tiny bit of cheese or cottage cheese on top.  Melt under the broiler if you like!  Salsa or not!  

@Sooner

I never acquired a taste for Avocado though I know it is very good for you.  I might have to try again!!  

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

Toasted english muffin spread with avacado and topped with garden fresh tomato and poached egg.  Delicious.

@tobes

I love tomatoes though they are getting hard to find now.  Fresh ones I mean!!!  Not much for poached eggs though.  

Honored Contributor

@hockey mom wrote:

A chocolate instant breakfast made with light vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of peanut butter.

@hockey mom

That sounds good but I can't do chocolate.  I might look into a different flavor though!!