Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Your Must Have Dish, For Thanksgiving Dinner...

@retiredatlast 

Oh my goodness your casserole sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

@SandySparkles 

If you google it, you will find recipes for the pie. So good and worth the time to make it.

For the crust recipe, the ingredients are put directly into the pie plate and mixed in the plate. It is a no roll out. Instead, it is a single crust that is patted in place with your hand. Simple and good.I don't think any other roll out crust I have made before can compare.  

Have a happy holiday.

@Flatbush Thank you for the explaination.😊 Now I am really excited! I LOVE pecan pie, and can eat cream cheese alone because I like it so much. I think I will ATTEMPT to make one this weekend, and cross my fingers, eyes, toes, and arms  that it turns out well enough to eat. I will have emergency services on stand-by just in case.🤪

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Flatbush wrote:

@SandySparkles 

If you google it, you will find recipes for the pie. So good and worth the time to make it.

For the crust recipe, the ingredients are put directly into the pie plate and mixed in the plate. It is a no roll out. Instead, it is a single crust that is patted in place with your hand. Simple and good.I don't think any other roll out crust I have made before can compare.  

Have a happy holiday.

@Flatbush Thank you for the explaination.😊 Now I am really excited! I LOVE pecan pie, and can eat cream cheese alone because I like it so much. I think I will ATTEMPT to make one this weekend, and cross my fingers, eyes, toes, and arms  that it turns out well enough to eat. I will have emergency services on stand-by just in case.🤪

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@Flatbush I have looked at several recipes, and cannot find one with the type of crust you mentioned. I am thinking of a shortbread crust perhaps based on your description of patting it into place. Would a shortbread crust work?

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles 

I think it might be too sweet and take away from the filling.

So,I will try and find the recipe on line for you or I will write you mine.

I would rather find it on line, and copy and paste because I am a one finger typist lol

But, in any case I'll get back  to you here with recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush Thank you!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles 

NO Roll Out Pie Crust 10"

2 cups all purpose flour

1 1/4 t salt 

Mix above. Then place in pie plate  and add:

2/3 c vegetable oil

3 T cold milk

Mix all with hand or use fork.

Then spread with hand and fingers in the pie plate. The warmth of your hands will help spread the crust.

Use unbaked in the Cream Cheese Pecan Pie recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush Thank you so much for the recipe! I was so happy when I signed on and saw this post.😊 Looks like I will have a challenge this week.🤔 I will let you know, and perhaps post a pic of the finished experiment, and how it turns out.🤞😁 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles 

One thing I want to add as a caveat.

If you find that the mixture might over fill the crust, take some tablespoons full of it out. Put the over fill of the filling in a small dish and you can microwave it and just enjoy it w/o crust.

Also, before  you place the pie plate in the oven, place it on a cookie sheet.Just to be safe.

There, that's all I know lol !

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush 😂 Thanks for the suggestion! Every little bit helps!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What worries you masters you.