Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Must Have Dish, For Thanksgiving Dinner...

Stuffing as I make and like it and my sister's excellent apple and pumpkin pies!!!

Honored Contributor

Butternut squash casserole w/crushed pineapple, mini marshmallows topped with chopped walnuts and brown sugar.

Honored Contributor

Stuffing, the best part of my Thanksgiving dinner!

Respected Contributor

thanksgiving dinner dishes

I look forward to just about everything, but cornbread dressing is one of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

TURKEY!!!! 😄😁😆😅🤣😂

Respected Contributor

My homemade cornbread dressing....worth all the work. Yum!

Honored Contributor

All that will be on our table is turkey, dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce; that is all the 4 of us want.  If one of the boyfriends come, I might fix deviled eggs.  Side dishes are a waste for us for this meal.  

Respected Contributor

My Mom's cornbread dressing, and certainly cranberry sauce and the pumpkin  🎃 pie 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@retiredatlast,

You seem like a very good cook! What time shall I be over?😅

Stuffing is my favorite too ever since my mother made it for all 30 of us from so many years-blended families, cousins etc. Then my bil took it over as we convinced her and she agreed it was too much for her to keep hosting, but no one made it like my mother did.

Now I love having Thanksgiving at my oldest daughters with all of us. She is a very good cook and loves to do it. My favorite thing she makes is mashed cauliflower! We all thought it was mashed potatoes! Though simple to make, you have to get it all just right.

I love things from many different relatives-

my aunts sweet potato casserole yes with marshmallows.

My mothers candied sweet potatoes.

My sister in laws, green bean casserole.

My grandmother's cranberry dressing and sauerkraut like no other cooked with apples, sugar and that meat (I forget what kind), all day.

I agree about grandmothers-both of mine had no recipes. You had to stand and watch many times and practice to get it right! We all wrote down what we remembered to keep them and make them ourselves.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@YouGoGirl1 Being from the south, Mississippi to be exact, it would have to be a sweet potato casserole!