Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Go-To Meal/Recipe???

@Mz iMac wrote:

Bobby Chez is right down the road.

Pizza Hut is around the corner & they deliver.

All Chinese restaurants deliver in 10 minutes.

I'm with you on this. I do cook sometimes, but my "go-to" is something from the Indian or Chinese restaurants down the street.

Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

Baked spaghetti and Paula Dean's Potato Chip Chicken.

@MercysMom

Potato chip chicken sounds yummy - will have to look that one up!

Honored Contributor

I don't have one specific recipe that's my go to. I have a go to for most of the dishes in regular rotation but there are much too many to list them all. I have 800 recipes in my personal recipe box and hundreds of cookbooks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@peachesncream

Love scrambled eggs and omelets, too.

I was taught to cook them over a double-boiler and, of course, to add milk (in those days it was only whole milk!).  Often, now, I just saute zucchini or summer squash then throw the eggs over and scramble.  I say eggs 'cause my furbaby loves this along with fried bologna.  The first time he watched my make some, figured I'd have enough for two meals; well, he savored it so much, I gave him most of it.  Whenever he sees me goin' for the eggs, he's right at that fridge making sure I take one out for him, too!

Think eggs are the ideal food:  good source of vitamins/protein, very adaptable, cheap and easy!

Respected Contributor

I have Marie Callender to dinner. She never fails me.

Valued Contributor

I'm with @proudlyfromNJ.   My go to meal is a jar of Rao's (IMHO the best jarred sauce ever) and some pasta.    We always have plenty of both in our pantry. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

I always have some kind of soup in the fridge and I keep loaves of artisan type breads in the freezer, add a salad and dinner is ready.