Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Go-To Meal/Recipe???

Chicken Tacos made in the Crock Pot:

3 or 4 chicken breasts

1 jar Paul Newman's salsa mixed with taco seasoning dry packet (pour over the chicken and cook in the Crock Pot until tender)

Add all the usual toppings to your tacos.  Easy and good!

Trusted Contributor

I love breakfast for dinner, especially in the colder months.

I usually make an omelette with swiss cheese and asparagus, bacon or sausage and homemade home fries.  And some rye toast!

This doesn't count as a recipe, but another thing I like to have if there's nothing much in the house to eat and I don't feel like going to the store is simply a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.  It always seems to "hit the spot!"   

Honored Contributor

@CareBears that casserole was called "hot dish" at our house and a can of corn was mixed in with it.

Honored Contributor

What I plan on fixing tonight. 

Chicken breasts or tenders, browned in a skillet.

Then mix No sugar added fruit preserves (found in the jam section)  with a little Dijon mustard and spread on top of each chicken piece for the rest of the cooking time. 

Honored Contributor

I realized my answer to this question the other night, when I did chili. If I have the fixings, I would do goulash too. Love hamburg. I don't eat it much anymore. I do chicken or fish meals more now. I break down now and then and have low fat hamburg. Low %.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears Your meal is close to my chili, but I use onion to taste, no tomato soups, but a large can of stewed tomatoes, and then we're pretty close, oh, for chili, need 2 cans of the kidney beans, sometimes I throw in 4 oz. can chopped mild peppers.

Thanks CareBears, I forgot to mention 3T chili powder! Yikes, gotta have that!

Esteemed Contributor

My Chili Recipe is:

1 Pound Of Hamburger

2 Cans Of Tomato Soup

2 Cans Stewed Tomatoes

2 Cans Kidney Beans

2 Cans Chili Beans

Chili Powder To Taste

Red Pepper Flakes To Taste

And if I am in the mood I will thow in onion & green peppers!

Honored Contributor

My dinner is usually a protein and a green salad.  Last night it was a crabcake and salad.  Tonight is will be mushroom quiche and green salad with artichoke hearts and tomatoes.  

I always keep frozen uncooked shrimp in the freezer (I think the precooked ones taste odd). In the winter I have a variety of homemade soup frozen in individual serving sizes.  

Honored Contributor

I always have a freezer full of homemade soups, stews and chili that I can thaw out, but if there is no time, I will broil a New York strip steak from frozen, make a salad and serve with pierogies or tortolini sautéed with peppers and onions.

I buy a whole New York strip and have it cut into steaks, so I always them on hand for quickie meals.

My other quick meal is salmon patties made from canned salmon.  

Honored Contributor

Pasta and a jar of Rao's sauce. I have never planned a weeks worth of meals. I buy meat and freeze it, buy whatever fruit and veggies that look good. Always have onions and potatoes in the house.