Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Cookie To Make During The Holidays...

@wagirl...I will be looking forward to that recipe too. My DH loves eggnog so I am sure those would be a hit!

Another holiday dessert...but, not a cookie....that is good and looks pretty.....for those familiar with those individual cheesecakes made with vanilla wafer on bottom....I put green food coloring in the cream cheese mixture and top with cherry pie filling....very Merry Christmas dessert!

Honored Contributor

Here is the recipe for--

Sugared Eggnog Cookies--makes 4 to 6 dozen

1 cup butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 tsp vanilla

1 egg

3 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup eggnog

1) Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together

until light and fluffy.

2) Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder

and blend into creamed mixture alternately with

the eggnog. Chill the dough thoroughly--about an

hour or so.

3) Roll about a 1/4 of the dough at a time on lightly floured

surface until about 1/4" thick. Cut with cookie cutters and place

on lightly greased baking sheet.

4) Bake in preheated 375* oven for 8 minutes--remove to rack

to cool and decorate with your favorite frosting.

I have used that really thick, luscious, old fashioned eggnog as well as the usual type--- these cookies seem to get better after a few days too. If you can find an eggnog frosting --that would be amazing!! I made these for my kids to decorate.

Valued Contributor

@wagirl- thank you so much for taking the time to post the recipe!!! I plan on making these soon.

Super Contributor

We called these "No Mix Cookies", we assembled them a little different by layering the chips on top of graham cracker crust then the coconut and pecans, then pour the sweetened condensed milk over all the ingredients. The coconut gets toasty and the nuts get nutty. They're gooey with the sweetened condensed in between the chips and coconut .These are my all time favorite cookie! Thanks for the reminder that I need to make these!Heart

Honored Contributor

@RACALAMB2I remember what you are describing as being referred to as "Seven-Layer Bars". And they are sinfully delicious.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1wrote:

Back in the day when I did cook I liked to make pizzelles. Then my son took over and he likes to make them.

@Group 5 minus 1Love Pizzelles and they are so pretty.

Trusted Contributor

I made some chocolate chip skillet cookies. They are so good. For some reason, when I bake this recipe in a small skillet, it’s so much better. It’s a thin & crispy cookie I found on all recipes. When you make it a little thicker in a skillet or something similar, it’s perfection. Found this out by accident when I was tired of portioning out individual cookies.
Respected Contributor

I make coconut macaroons and grizzlenickels. The macaroons are the classic ones with a couple of tweaks I have made over the years...now I make them by request for parties and showers, but always for the family at Christmas and Easter. The grizzlenickels are like a five layer bar but scooped right after baking and rolled into balls and powdered sugar.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Toffee Square Cookies

1 cup butter

1cup brown sugar

1egg

1tsp. Vanilla

2 cups sifted flour

1/2 tsp. Salt

6 Hershey bars

Chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg and mix well.add vanilla and flour mixed with salt.

Spread evenly on ungreased 10x15 increased jelly roll pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Lay Hershey bars on top.  As soon as they melt cover with chopped pecans.

Honored Contributor

I haven't made cookies for us for Christmas since my girls were small.  Back then we made several batches of sugar cookies and decorated them with colored icing and sprinkles.  

Unless someone here asks for something special, I don't bake anything for Christmas.