Super Contributor

What's Your Favorite Cookie To Make During The Holidays...

Mine would be peanut butter blossoms, made with

Bisquick baking mix.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Cookie To Make During The Holidays...

[ Edited ]

I like peanut butter blossoms also, but never heard of making them with Bisquick. I don't like to cook or bake, but every year I make one batch of chocolate chip cookies for me and my sister to share. They are our favorite and my late mother always made them for us each Christmas. I've been doing it since she passed.

Honored Contributor

I don't cook.

bigbadwolf
Esteemed Contributor

Very, very thin sand tarts.  

Honored Contributor

Molasses ginger cookies, they are my favorite ! 😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I HATE making cookies--always have--but my DD who is almost 40 begs me to make her fave eggnog sugar cookies---now why doesn't she make them???? --she is not much of a cook or baker--Those cookies are pretty good tho---

Honored Contributor

I like decorating cookies so I make a classic sugar cookie dough for that. I also make chocolate chip, gingerbread and peanut butter.  

Super Contributor

Ginger Crinkles (recipe is from my Homemaking Class in High School).  I then dip them half way in white almond bark.  I sent these cookies (stacked inside Pringles canisters) to our son while he was overseas for 6 years.  They are also pretty for wedding or baby showers.  Every year, he and I make them together in December.  It's his favorite cookie!!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a few and I never make them all, but switch off depending on my mood..

The little snowball with pecans (I forget they are some kind of wedding cookie too, by name) Love those, easy to make I usually make these.

The crackle dark chocolate ones with powdered sugar on top, again, maybe has a specific name but I forget. I always call them the chocolate crackle ones and Google search comes up with that description too.

Those are top favs.

My family favs, more labor intensive, sometimes make them...my maternal gramma's anginettes, and my aunt's chocolate muzzettes. Used to be more fun making those when my mom was still here...but will still do them sometime.

Of all 4 it's the top two that are easier for me, so usually those are the ones that get done. Happy baking! 🎄🍪

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do much baking anymore other than bread in the winter.  Once in awhile some brownies for DH but every Chrismtas my adult kids ask me to bake my chocolate chip/macadamia nut cookies.