Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Cookie To Make During The Holidays...

I like those Kris Kringles (white chocolate chips, cranberries, pecans).  The recipe was on a bag of white chocolate chips years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@YouGoGirl1  I like to make the peanut butter blossoms as well, but I didn't really bake many cookies until I retired nearly 2 years ago. Prior to that I just made the standard chocolate chip cookies. Never heard of using Bisquick. My next cookie will be the "Russian Tea Cookies" (also known by many other names) that my mother made to perfection. Everyone I know is watching their sugar intake, so it's hard to find taste testers. Wish I lived near to my grandchildren. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

My Granddaughters and I make Sugar Cookies, because we like to decorate them......

I would love to make Chocolate Snowballs though-maybe this year......My mom used to love to bake and at Christmas time we were all so spoiled with yummy cookies, and homemade fudge!!!!!Now she is almost 91, and is confined to a wheelchair, so no more baking, but she did pass down all of her recipes. 

Honored Contributor

I just LOVE seven layer cookies, hands down!!!

Stack of 7-Layer Cookies Image

Honored Contributor

I make cut out cookies, mexican wedding cake cookies and a drop sugar cookie.  If I have time I will make a chocolate cookie for my husband who will eat just about anything with chocolate in it.

I make buckeyes as well but that is not a cookie...

Respected Contributor

Mine are Tea Time Tassies. They're little pecan pies in a cream cheese based crust. While they aren't hard to make, they do take some time. They're worth it. 

Honored Contributor

Last year I made Peanut Butter Blossom cookies using Jill Martin's 3 ingredient recipe.  It was so easy to do --- which is what I need!  They were very good!  

I used to make chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin, but haven't in years.  Also, years ago my Mother and I made a ton of cut-out sugar cookies with egg wash.  

I don't do any of these things now.  Too lazy!  I just order from a bakery or go to the grocery store!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

You Can find the recipe for Peanut Butter Blossoms with

Bisquick or baking mix, at Eaglebrand d*m c*m

**The only thing I do is chill the dough for about 1 hr.**

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I made a variation on a Peanut Blossom cookie using mini peanut butter cups.  I baked them in a mini muffin tin:

1 3/4 cups flour

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup softened butter

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla 

2 tbsp milk

40 frozen mini peanut butter cups

Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in bowl. 

Beat butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar with electric mixer in big bowl until fluffy.  Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk.  Mix in flour mixture.

Roll into 1" balls and place in mini muffin tin.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.  Immediately press peanut buttter cup into each ball.  Cool in muffin tin. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't bake, my favorite cookie are the 'Cashew Nougat' by Archway that only come out at Christmas time at the grocery store.  They're little round cookies with a dusting of powder suger.