Honored Contributor

Maybe not just out but new to you...

Cauliflower is all the rage now.  I used to like it as a kid but I wouldn't know how to fix it now.  I came across Green Giant Cheddar And Bacon Mashed Cauliflower in the frozen section. 

We thought it was delicious, a texture like mashed potatoes but containing NO potatoes.

1/2 cup serving is 90 calories and 6g of carbs.

Green Giant Cheddar & Bacon Mashed Cauliflower, 20 oz

Honored Contributor

Re: What's New On The Shelves?

ps It's nice and rich.  Be sure to note, it tells you to let it sit a few minutes to firm up before serving.

Yes, you CAN taste the bacon.

Respected Contributor

Since you asked, I've fallen in love with Angel Sweet cherry tomatoes. I really like cherry tomatoes...hubby not so much. I typically would buy the Nature Sweet Cherubs at Walmart or Sam's. But even I've been thinking lately they're really not all that great. I went into a little grocery store recently that only had two choices of tomatoes...neither one was Nature Sweet. So I bought the brand Angel Sweet. They truly are sweet. Love them! I won't go back as long as I can find these sweeties. Ha!Image result for angel sweet tomatoes

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Cauliflower is all the rage now.  I used to like it as a kid but I wouldn't know how to fix it now.  I came across Green Giant Cheddar And Bacon Mashed Cauliflower in the frozen section. 

We thought it was delicious, a texture like mashed potatoes but containing NO potatoes.

wrote:

That's already made it to the freezer case at my 99¢ Only store.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped

Thank you for telling me about Angel Sweet!  I love little tomatoes, I get cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes at Trader Joes. I'll start looking for Angel Sweet Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I tried to make fresh cauliflower potatos,  but, it was more of a rice texture. Was really good, not sure how to make cauliflower potatos. Not sure what I did wrong. 

Honored Contributor

Just the THOUGHT of mashed cauliflower turns me off.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7, I'm sure there are other sweet tomatoes out there, but in my little neck of the woods we don't have much to choose from. I was just struck at how much tastier these were then the Nature Sweet ones I'd been buying for so long. 

And I've really been tempted to try that cauliflower. Hubby is not a big fan of cherry tomatoes but he adores cauliflower! I steam a whole head intact and then make a cheese sauce to pour over it. He eats almost all of it and I don't get much. Ha! I'm going to try these you posted. I've seen them in the store but just haven't given them a go as of yet.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I tried to make fresh cauliflower potatos,  but, it was more of a rice texture. Was really good, not sure how to make cauliflower potatos. Not sure what I did wrong. 

Hi @De Anna

I have no idea what to do with it! lol !  My mother used to make cauliflower with a white sauce.  Now I see it all over, including cauliflower rice and cauliflower soup.  I bombed with cauliflower rice. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Just the THOUGHT of mashed cauliflower turns me off.............

😂