Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite thing to cook in Air Fryer?

We have the Ninija Grill that also has other features, including air frying. I use the grill feature more than anything. I like it for air frying my Buffalo wings, but I have to do them in batches, so it's kind of a production.  Even so, thr end result is excellent.

Honored Contributor

Tater Tots. I did onion rings the other day and they were good too.  For meats, I prefer the Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 that also grills.  

Another convenience food I like in the AF is those Jimmy Dean egg and sausage roll-ups, but I first microwave them the 1 minute to cook them and then stick them in the AF for a couple of minutes to brown and crisp the outside.  Otherwise, I'd have to wait 15 minutes or so to cook completely in the air fryer.  

Respected Contributor

I use mine to make chicken, steak, sausage, and my favorite baked potatoes!  

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella , that looks awesome!  I think I will try that this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman,  if you can't find an appropriately sized and shaped turkey breast take advantage of the two baskets and split the breast.  Splitting it would also probably allow you to use the combined baskets but would likely require some finessing to get them to cook evenly.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@gardenman , I have started a chart for cooking times which I keep in my recipe binder.  I did the same thing when I started using my convection oven and now I have an easy reference guide for any cut and size of meat.  I have found the time in the air fryer recipes given to be too long.  Some of the cuts were too dry.  Learning as I go.  Really enjoying it and, as said above, worth the real estate in the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

@Trix , thanks for the reheat tips!

Respected Contributor

Leftover pizza slices! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone.  I was very slow to come to this because I am not much of a gadget person but this is great!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@gardenman , I have started a chart for cooking times which I keep in my recipe binder.  I did the same thing when I started using my convection oven and now I have an easy reference guide for any cut and size of meat.  I have found the time in the air fryer recipes given to be too long.  Some of the cuts were too dry.  Learning as I go.  Really enjoying it and, as said above, worth the real estate in the kitchen.

@Lilysmom1 

Airfryers all vary. My old one cooked things quicker than listed. This one's a bit slower. I've been poking around online and the average recipe seems to be 350-360 degrees for an hour to an hour and a quarter for a turkey breast. I'll probably budget an hour and a half for cooking time. If it's done sooner, great, but that seems a safe range. 

I had my first air fryer about four years. I was looking at the Cosori ones as you can reprogram their preset buttons to suit your needs. Then this one came up and had generally good reviews and was very affordable, so I went with it instead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!