Respected Contributor

What is your favorite thing to cook in Air Fryer?

[ Edited ]

I bought a new Ninja Foodie air fryer (4 qt) and have been experimenting.  So far my favorite is a roast chicken.  I can cook a 3 lb chicken in 50 minutes.

I am experimenting.  I have done pork loin, pork chops, veggies, chicken thighs and roast chicken.  I am impressed.  I really am not one for more kitchen gadgets but this one is a winner.

What is your favorite thing to cook in an air fryer?

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite thing to cook in Air Fryer?

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

I bought a new Ninja Foodie air fryer (4 qt) and have been experimenting.  So far my favorite is a roast chicken.  I can cook a 3 lb chicken in 50 minutes.

I am experimenting.  I have done pork loin, pork chops, veggies, chicken thighs and roast chicken.  I am impressed.  I really am not one for more kitchen gadgets but this one is a winner.

What is your favorite thing to cook in an air fryer?

I have an oven style air fryer (Cuisinart) and, like you, it's worth the real estate on the kitchen counter.  In the summer months especially, it's easy to make things without heating up your home or turning on the oven or stove.  One of my favorites to make is the classic Italian sausage, peppers and onions.   Here is a picture of the all in one dinner.  Just add some good crusty Italian rolls.  20220119_110956 (1).jpg 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1  My husband loves my chicken tenders and when I make chicken wings and drumettes.  But he also loves air frying his steaks.  He keeps telling me how good stuff tastes air fried.  So basically that's most of how I cook.  I rarely use my oven at all. :-)

Honored Contributor

salmon

Honored Contributor

Mostly French fries and chicken nuggets. It's great for baked potatoes also. I've done a few biscuits in it also with pretty good success. And corn on the cob. I may try a turkey breast in mine for Thanksgiving if I can find one that fits. I've got the big Power XL double-drawer one that QVC had on sale for $79.99 back in June (with five easy pays) and you can remove the dividers and put a joiner in the middle to make it one huge (relatively speaking) basket. I should be able to sneak in a smaller turkey breast. (I think.) I'll find out. God only knows the cooking time though. I'll have to research that a bit more when the time gets closer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not much of a cook, so my experimenting is limited.  The Foodie is great for making your own fresh-cut fries whether you use white potato, sweet potato, Zucchini, or something else.  I enjoy making pizzas at home (it started in the days when breadmakers were hot and you could easily make pizza dough from scratch).  The Foodie is great for getting crisp pizzeria results on a pizza crust. 

I also use my Foodie to reheat restaurant food. The reheat tastes less soggy than reheating in a microwave and after warming up, most reheats take less than 5 minutes even on a low-temperature setting.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use mine a lot but I do love it for steaks and boneless chicken breasts.  The chicken comes out more moist and tender.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

I have the  Cooks Essentials 1500W Air Fryer K43756 which I purchased in March 2016 -- very basic but still going strong.  The things I use it most for are Costco's Kirkland Tempura Shrimp and Nathan's Thick Sliced Battered Onion Rings.  Both come out great!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meat. 

Faster, tastier, less clean up and easier than traditional methods.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

My fave are meatballs---360* for 6 minutes--any kind of meatballs turn out EXCELLENT!! I cooked a small turkey breast that was the best I ever tasted. We do burgers and of course, frozen french fries are good too. Veggies are good ----but I have a NINJA outdoor grill that I am using nearly everyday that is hands down the very best way I cook meats and vegs---it has an airfryer mode on it too, that I need to explore more.