Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite broccoli recipe?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@ECBG     How does broccoli play into this recipe ??

@CoffeeNut 

Mega nutrients and a medium amount of flavor.  Our GS are wild about this one!

@ECBG  The question isn't about the nutrients and flavor.  It's that it's a spinach's recipe and the OP asked about broccoli. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

My appologies!  Thank you for letting me know!  My eyes saw one vegetable, my brain thought another vegetable!

Thank you for your kindness!

Valued Contributor

I love Broccoli - I could eat it every day, and once I found out it was one of the "healthiest" veggies around, I have it at least 2-3 times a week.

I mostly just eat it steamed, with salt, pepper, and butter, but I'll eat it in and on pretty much anything - Yummy! Heart

Honored Contributor

I roast broccoli in my airfryer-----but first, I peel the stems if I use the whole stalk---makes it so much more tender---but just the tops, I use olive oil and garlic , s/p and then spritz on some lemon juice---we eat broccolini too--think it may be called baby broccoli. Have a really good casserole for broccoli, rice and cheese -I add chicken to it for the main course---so good, but DD can't eat dairy so I don't make it much anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Broccoli Corn Bake

Ingredients

• 1 ½  cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 ½  cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
  • 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn

Directions

• 1. In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir in vegetables to the remaining crumb mixture.
  • 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.

Unbelievely delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

B&B.jpg

Search "Help: I need easy Beef & Broccoli recipe like Chinese take-out" in Recipe Forum for other suggestions using this recipe!  

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@CoffeeNut 

If you read the whole thread, you'll see where I put the wrong item in.  I saw broccoli and thought spinach.  Ever done that?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@CoffeeNut 

Mega nutrients and a medium amount of flavor.  Our GS are wild about this one!

@ECBG  The question isn't about the nutrients and flavor.  It's that it's a spinach's recipe and the OP asked about broccoli. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

My appologies!  Thank you for letting me know!  My eyes saw one vegetable, my brain thought another vegetable!

Thank you for your kindness!

@ECBG  I think we've all had that happen before. No worries 😉 

Esteemed Contributor

I love broccoli and lots of new ideas on this thread I can't wait to try.

For dinner, typically I steam for 7 minutes and then toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.

For salads, I do a few.
Broccoli, cauliflower, frozen peas, red onion, shredded cheddar, shredded parm, mayo, salt and pepper. (Also delish with buttermilk ranch).

Broccoli, red onions, sunflower seeds, raisins or craisens, bacon bits, toss with cole slaw dressing.

Broccoli, cauliflower, red onions, baby carrots, feta cheese (chunks or crumbles) or pepper jack cheese also works, toss with Italian dressing.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

I love Broccoli - I could eat it every day, and once I found out it was one of the "healthiest" veggies around, I have it at least 2-3 times a week.

I mostly just eat it steamed, with salt, pepper, and butter, but I'll eat it in and on pretty much anything - Yummy! Heart

I am with you. I eat broccoli almost every day. I have for years. I love it. I only use a little salt and I'm good. I have roasted it with EVOO, cauliflower, garlic and onion too but I just eat it steamed. 

Honored Contributor

Put in steamer and steam until tender crisp.  Swath in butter.  Can't beat it.