Respected Contributor

Re: What is/was on your dinner menu tonight?

Made Pioneer Woman's stir fry shrimp with corn, zucchini and lots of tomatoes (from my garden). Made jasmine rice to go with - glass of Pinot Grigio. Dessert ice cream.
This is a great thread please keep it going.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Mississippi Mud Roast - shredded and served on hoagie buns.  So good!

I have a strong aversion to mud, but you made your dinner sound interesting.  Woman Happy

Smiley Happy When I first learned about the recipe, I thought the name was a bit odd as well.  Here it is, if you want to try it sometime.

MISSISSIPPI MUD ROAST

4# chuck roast
1 envelope dry au jus mix

1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
4-5 pepperoncini
1 stick of butter (real)

Put the meat in the crock pot (or Ninja).  Sprinkle each seasoning packet over the meat.  Place the pepperoncini in the pot.  Put the stick of butter on top.  DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID.  Cook on high for 6 hrs. or low for 8 hrs.  

The meat can be shredded in the gravy and used for sandwiches or served on a plate with potatoes and a veggy for a more traditional dinner meal.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Mississippi Mud Roast - shredded and served on hoagie buns.  So good!

I have a strong aversion to mud, but you made your dinner sound interesting.  Woman Happy

Smiley Happy When I first learned about the recipe, I thought the name was a bit odd as well.  Here it is, if you want to try it sometime.

MISSISSIPPI MUD ROAST

4# chuck roast
1 envelope dry au jus mix

1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
4-5 pepperoncini
1 stick of butter (real)

Put the meat in the crock pot (or Ninja).  Sprinkle each seasoning packet over the meat.  Place the pepperoncini in the pot.  Put the stick of butter on top.  DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID.  Cook on high for 6 hrs. or low for 8 hrs.  

The meat can be shredded in the gravy and used for sandwiches or served on a plate with potatoes and a veggy for a more traditional dinner meal.

Thank you!  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Tonight will be my Asian chicken patties, using ground chicken, green onions, garlic, lots of cilantro, salt, pepper, and a little cayene for a kick, broccolini, and shreaded potatos cooked until golden brown and crispy on both sides.

Honored Contributor

Still unusually hot for us.  I am getting out my trifle dish and making layered taco salad again.  Just got the cornbread out of the oven.  Don't enjoy hot weather but the good thing is I loose my appetite!

Esteemed Contributor

Mongolian chicken with rice and sliced white nectarines.  Yum!

Honored Contributor

Taking the easy way out tonight.  DH is picking up a pizza on his way home from work.

Respected Contributor

Tonight's fare is Pretzel Chicken with Mustard Chipotle Sauce, new potatoes and corn on the cob.   That is, if I get off this computer and get to work in the kitchen.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.