Super Contributor

Re: What is the strangest thing you have ever cooked and eaten??

Tonight I ordered a meal for delivery, from a restaurant that specializes in Himalayan and Tibetan cuisine.

One thing that I ordered that I have never had before was goat. It was like a goat stew with curry.

Spicy, but good!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

...I may faint...

Esteemed Contributor

Sea urchin at a Sushi Bar. Tasty! I've cooked frog legs, wild turkey, a blackbird and shark.

Trusted Contributor

Land crabs.

Boop

Trusted Contributor

Back when I didn't care what I ate, I often made rice, liver, and blood sausage. All very similar...pork entrails and other left over bits (like snouts) all ground up with fillers and stuffed into a natural casings and made into a single large sausage ring.

Rice sausage has rice mixed in and blood sausage has...yes indeed...pig blood added to the mix!

Good grief...what was I thinking!? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Super Contributor

Today I came across a recipe for buttermilk fried chicken, which in itself would be unusual for me as I've never fried a chicken. But I then remembered chicken livers, gizzards and hearts, like Britt mentioned, that my mother used to fry. I would eat a gizzard or two but that was it. I did cook abalone once, I suspose that's a little different. It was delicious. I'm thinking about cooking the fried chicken (or trying) as my husband would love it.
Super Contributor

On 4/11/2014 Yuban3 said:

Tonight I ordered a meal for delivery, from a restaurant that specializes in Himalayan and Tibetan cuisine.

One thing that I ordered that I have never had before was goat. It was like a goat stew with curry.

Spicy, but good!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I love goat! especially the way they do it in Jamaica! which actually sounds a lot like what you are describing...

Regular Contributor

Jellyfish salad.

Contributor

Iguana stir fry while in Costa Rica. It looked, cooked, and tasted like chicken -- really! Smile

Respected Contributor

I was given a hunk of feral pig. The animal was taken from one of California's Channel Islands. I was boiling it but the smell was so horrible I tossed it out, never ate any.