Honored Contributor

Re: What is the 1 ingredient that you see in a recipe and know you won't like it?

Goat Cheese

Also the word chutney in anything on a menu is an easy pass

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: What is the 1 ingredient that you see in a recipe and know you won't like it?

Artichoke hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

Beets.

Respected Contributor

This is difficult for me because I am not a really picky person. I don't really care for basil in large quantities. Fresh basil leaves mainly. 

Valued Contributor

cottage cheese.  love most cheeses but can't get past the look or smell of that one.  i once had a coworker who had cottage cheese and pineapple just about every day.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One?   Anything with licorice .   Even the smell makes me want to puke.  

After that, mushrooms unless they are large enough to pick out.  Don't mind the flavor it's the texture.    Then cream or cottage cheese.   

Love cilantro , BTW

Esteemed Contributor

Avocado.I can't stand looking at it yet alone eating it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cornstarch or flour.

Recipes that need these thickening agents  signal to me that the recipe is more work and care than I'm willing to invest to make it all "stick together".

I'd also waste huge quantities of those ingredients if I kept them in the pantry until they expire.  (Been there.  Done that.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I fully understand now why I have a weight problem.  MOST of the things you all listed I love!  Can't get enough of it. Woman Frustrated

SO if you have added to the list, consider yourself blessed, because I seem to be the hoover of disliked foods!   Woman Embarassed

Goat cheese, cilantro, mushrooms, olives especially, avocados, and cumin?  It's not chili without cumin and lots of middle eastern dishes use it!  I love it and we go through a lot of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

So many cilantro haters. Lol so is my husband. When they come to make our quacamole at the restaurant we tell him please only half with cilantro. I love it.

The book said that French kids often will eat many things our kids wouldn't because their parents make them taste ONE bite of more adult foods (like broccoli, oysters, cheeses etc.) that they don't like when foods like this are on the menu.  

----------------------

That is interesting!!  That was my mother's rule at   

meal -- one bite!!  I had to force my self to try Chow

Mein...thought I would die...now I love it!!  Still can't look

at oysters/clams though, had to leave the table after one

bite!!