Valued Contributor

Re: What is the 1 ingredient that you see in a recipe and know you won't like it?

It's mushrooms for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: What is the 1 ingredient that you see in a recipe and know you won't like it?

Maybe basil I'm not a big fan of the flavor. For my husband anything with mayo in it. 

Regular Contributor

Rutabaga, parsnips, fennel. Oh, my!

Esteemed Contributor

chipotle, I just can't stand it. 

Super Contributor

So many of the things you all said!!

Honored Contributor

Mushrooms or Cream of Mushroom soup.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Anchovies, coconut or organ meats like liver, or gizzards. 

Frequent Contributor

Tuna fish

Honored Contributor

I don't have just one in the exact 'no way' category, but mainly for me it's eggs (except baking where it disappears), mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, canned soup, cool whip, and margarine.

I'm so skittish about stuff like mayo that even if it disappears in the recipe I cannot do it.  It's so gross.  It looks all gloppy and nasty, it smells vile, and I just don't want to work with it.   

I'm a little different with just eggs, as I can cook them for somebody else or bake with them.  But I do have to remove that nasty white thing first so I don't really even want to eat something somebody else baked because most people don't do that.   The only exception is egg salad.  I will NOT EVER EVER make that and can't even be in the same room with it without vomiting.  *shudder*   THE grossest thing ever.  I would rather eat live maggots.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills : Cilantro for me taste like soapy water.Chipotle very spicy but several people have told me that can't be true. Southern Bee