Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🥕🥕 What do you put on roasted carrots?

Butter with a little maple syrup or honey.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi. @house_cat !  When I roast carrots.  I season with salt and pepper and a mix of cinnamon/curry/sugar (1/1/2), then add orange zest and the juice of the orange Ive zested.  Roast at 350 to 400 F until you get the level of char/roast you want and serve.

ETA: I make up my own recipes based on others I've seen.  I'm a chemist by training.

Respected Contributor

The only time we roast carrots is in with a beef roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, turnips.  Use beef broth for the liquid.

We boil carrots frequenty with brown sugar and a little orange juice.   Add butter to individual taste at the table.

Well now I'm hungry!

Esteemed Contributor

I do the same, roast with a bit of butter, brown sugar and orange juice.

Esteemed Contributor

Cook carrots in water, orange peel,  orange juice  and caynne pepper . Cook till semi soft then  place in air fryer add  drizzle oil  & little salt & pepper  , then  cook  till tender &   to  brown

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Put in plastic bag with EVOO, salt, garlic pepper and thyme!  Love carrots savory. 

Valued Contributor

I enjoy them with a drizzle of agave nectar, thyme, and some fresh cracked pepper.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have at least two methods.  Actually, however, carrots are good seasoned in many different ways.  I use......

Olive oil, coarse salt, McCormick Gourmet Italian Seasoning.

Or just put them in  the same rimmed baking pan with whatever meat I'm roasting and let the carrots  share the same marinade as the meat.  

Marinade often is a combination of maple syrup and Dijon mustard if roasting chicken or pork.  

Dill, basil and other herbs, plus butter, are good on roasted carrots.

Esteemed Contributor

When I was growing up, my Grandmother used to slice them thin, fry them with garlic, olive oil and parsley. I imagine you can roast them the same way.  She was frome Italy, so we had parsley and garlic on a lot of veggies, but she never roasted them.

Esteemed Contributor

Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup.