Respected Contributor

What do you make with apricots?

My neighbor gave me a small box of apricots.  I don't really like to eat them plain.  I'm making jam with some.  What should I make with them?

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you make with apricots?

A cobbler would be good.  Use a recipe for peach cobbler and substitute apricots.

Trusted Contributor

OMG : stewed apricots are fabulous. You can add peaches ( they’ve been extra good this year) and/or plums or just prepare the apricots alone. Scrumptious and so easy to make stewed. Goes with lots of things so can be a dessert or a breakfast fruit. Can be eaten cold from the fridge or warmed up a bit. 

https://www.ydelicacies.com/homepage/2016/6/18/stewed-apricots

Wish someone would give me a few pounds of stone fruit. Now I’m going to have to buy apricots!

Respected Contributor

Love apricot jam and it’s quite easy or just stew them and use as a side with pork - yum.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

My neighbor gave me a small box of apricots.  I don't really like to eat them plain.  I'm making jam with some.  What should I make with them?

@Scooby Doo   Apricot preserves or a crisp, pie, anything you could do with any other fruit.  If you had a lot, I would say can them.  A woman used to can them, and everytime I visited her, she sent me home with a large jar.  I ate them quickly, ice cold from the frig.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo 

I'd make a lucious apricot tart, then a non-yeast apricot streusel stopped bread, suitable for breakfast or snacking.  Yum!

Respected Contributor

Chopped up in some chicken salad with almonds, thyme etc?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I remember eating homemade apricot jam as a kid and liking it.  Haven't had any since I left home.  My daughter and I are freezing peaches this morning.  First time I have helped do that.  

Valued Contributor

I had a friend who use to make apricot syrup.  So good. My mom made apricot leather.  

Frequent Contributor

I would make Apricot Jam...

1 QT peeled pitted chopped apricots

1 TBL fresh Lemon Juice

1/2 c sugar ( or less if desired)

bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer covered 20 minutes.  Stir a few times.  

Add 2 TBL fruit pectin, boil 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.  

I transfer to  2 c canning jar.  Cool then refrigerate.  

This recipe works great with peaches as well.  Sometimes I throw in some cherries.  Be creative!!