Honored Contributor

What do you make at home, better than you can get at a restaurant?

Was on the food network page and it showed how to do English muffin combo for breakfast. I thought about this question. I think doing a taco style breakfast wrap would be good, I've just never done it that way, but I may very soon. There must be a healthy way to do that. 

Is there something you make, that you think tastes better than a restaurant offers? Or something you make at home as good as a restaurant offers?

I know there's some great cooks on here!

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you make at home, better than you can get at a restaurant?

Naw I don't consider myself to be a good cook. I'd rather eat out all the time! But my wallet won't allow it. We may eat breakfast out once a week and we always have our traditional Friday date night out at a favorite restaurant. Other than that I make ALL of our meals at home. I'm so sick of my 50 years of cooking I could choke. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Mac and chesse

Ziti Amatriciana

According to my son ... tacos. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Everything....I would rather not eat out.  A lot of what I eat can't be purchased in a restaurant.  If I eat out it is out of necessity or a social occasion.  I just do my best to be flexible,  select simple whole foods as much as possible, and enjoy the company!

Respected Contributor

That's kinda hard to say as I order things I DON'T make when I go out to eat.  Of the things they make and I make i'd say i can make it just as well as they do. 

Esteemed Contributor

At some of the 4-star restaurants I've gone to already, the food was really not all that fantastically special.

Since you've posted in Recipes, do you actually want a recipe?

The only thing I do not make better are some of the more decadent or elaborate desserts, primarily because I do not have the time nor the inclination.

Respected Contributor

No one makes a meat loaf as well as I do.  No one.  There have been studies.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Harpa, yes, I'd love to see some recipes if someone does this.

Regular Contributor

There are two dishes I cook that my family thinks are better than thosed served in restaurants:  French Dip sandwiches and stuffed manicotti.

Honored Contributor

Mac and cheese, meatballs, lasagna and most Italian red sauce dishes.  I actually will not order anything with an Italian sauce out - except for only 2 places.   Also, cheesecake, and most pies.