Respected Contributor

What do you keep your recipes in?

I'd be interested in knowing what you keep your recipes in. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you keep your recipes in?

I inherited my mom's 3X5" card file which is about 10" long.  Holds a lot of recipes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have a beautiful wood Recipe Box that my Son made for me over 50 years ago.

It has a hand carved "MOM" on the front,  It's very large and I keep all my recipes in it.  I just love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda   Years ago I purchased a loose leaf binder 6x10 (guessing on size) that has flowered front and inside are tabs with names such as breads, casseroles, cookies, etc.  After the tab is a page that has a pouch for your recipe cards.  It also has plain note sheets in the back of the binder.  Love this binder as it held up and everything is in one place.  Maybe you can find something like this on the internet -- Goggle it.

This is at Amazon but there are others.

at different companies.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

A zip lock bag with index cards . Simple & works for me. 

Honored Contributor

My son bought a special loose leaf binder for my recipes. There are dividers for all different food categories. I used to make copies of the recipes on 8 1/2 X 11 paper. And would punch holes into the paper and put it in the loose leaf binder. The dividers also had pockets so that you could fit smaller copies of recipes in the pocket. 

It has worked out well. And if I try a recipe and don't plan on making it again, I just rip the page out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A three ring binder. I added divider tabs for the different categories. 

Plus, I have a collection of cookbooks.

Esteemed Contributor

@sarahpanda  I have nearly everything in my computer and backed up in the cloud. There are still some family recipes in The Mennonite Cookbook, and I have a folder waiting for me to transfer to the computer. My children are waiting impatiently.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda , my favourite recipes are in a three ring binder enclosed in page protectors so the recipes don't get ingredients on them with repeated handling.  I have a bookshelf in the kitchen and keep them there along with several of my favourite cookbooks.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

a tin recipe box that was my mom's.....still has the price stamp on it....39 cents...one of my treasured possessions....she passed away in 1981.......miss her very much.....