Valued Contributor

Re: What do you bring to a pot luck, thanks in advance!

If it's an outdoor party, I normally bring some type of a dessert. I never want  to bring a dish that would be sitting outside so cookies or brownies is my go to. 

Honored Contributor

@arubakathy - I'm usually asked to bring one of three things everyone loves: Watergate salad, cottage potatoes, and cheese grits casserole. (If you would like any of the recipes just let me know!)

But one time there were going to be a lot of children there. So I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cut them into fancy shapes. Even the adults ate them!   Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I would make Paula deans, corn salad, I have never left a potluck without being asked for that recipe. I think people really like the chili cheese corn chips in it. Another one I would make would be a Pistachio salad or a walking taco salad. You can also make Mary me chicken. It’s delicious you can use chicken thighs with that if you want. I also take a wonderful chocolate cake with a sauce. It’s poured over the top is delicious I love potlucks. it’s been along time since I have made any of those but I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find it. You can also make two different kinds of 9 x 13” cakes. There’s so many out there, also pumpkin bread or zucchini bread is good. These are the things I would take.
Valued Contributor

I would make Paula deans, corn salad, I have never left a potluck without being asked for that recipe. I think people really like the chili cheese corn chips in it. Another one I would make would be a Pistachio salad or a walking taco salad. You can also make Marry me chicken. It’s delicious you can use chicken thighs with that if you want. I also take a wonderful chocolate cake with a sauce. It’s poured over the top is delicious I love potlucks. it’s been along time since I have made any of those but I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find it. You can also make two different kinds of 9 x 13” cakes. There’s so many out there, also pumpkin bread or zucchini bread is good. These are the things I would take. I just think making it yourself is so much better than buying it from a store or taking something premade, there’s so much MSG in stuff nowadays.
Honored Contributor

We have stopped going to potlucks. Hubbs has many concerns about food handling-as do I.

Maybe it's much to early in the game,ah but I thought I'd ask you just the same
Valued Contributor

I think if you use cornstarch, she would be able to eat them, so crispy