Honored Contributor

What are your favorite Christmas/Holiday treats to make?

[ Edited ]

Just wondering if you have favorites that you make every year, or that are requested by your family and friends.

For me/mine it would be:

Peanut clusters

Peanut brittle

Pretzel Rolo Turtles

Peanut Butter Fudge

Chocolate chip cookies

Peanut Butter cookies

Shortbread cookies

Sugar cookies

Snickerdoodles

Molasses cookies

There are a few more, but I can't think of them right now, lol.

Anyway I thought it might be a fun thread to share.

Thanks

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Re: What are your favorite Christmas/Holiday treats to make?

Pretty much the same @Snicks1, but eggnog is a big must for family & friends to go along with the cookies.

Honored Contributor

There are so many cookies and treats that we have enjoyed over the years, but for me it's not Christmas without  molasses ginger cookies.  However ,my family would revolt if I didn't make quiche Lorraine on Christmas  Eve.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Oh, another I forgot about is "Buckeyes".
Regular Contributor

Several years ago, I started sandwiching Ritz crackers with peanut butter, dipping them in melted chocolate and topping them with Christmas sprinkles.  People go crazy over these cookies!  I can't take credit for the recipe, though.  Found it on a food blogger page.  I'm not much of a baker so these cookies are perfect for me to give to teachers, coworkers, neighbors, etc.   

Honored Contributor

In years past, I made decorated sugar cookies with my girls for Christmas, along with chocolate chip cookies, fudge, and some type of cake or pie.   

Now our main focus is always diabetes control, and holiday treats consist of one item that we vote on.   We do not totally deprive ourselves of anything, but we plan for our special treats.   The only snack items usually found in this house is popcorn and fruit cups.   

Honored Contributor

For my family and friends it is deep dish apple pie, pumpkin pie, my famous cheesecake as it is known by, chocolate fudge and butterscotch fudge!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've chiseled our "must haves" down to a few choices , in the interest of watching our weight and reducing sugar intake. They are frosted sugar cookies, rocky road fudge, and pumpkin pie (:

edired to add....

seems like yesterday that we made batches and batches of treats and delivered plates or pretty cookie tins to friends and neighbors. Times sure have changed. 

Honored Contributor

My favorites are browned butter chocolate chip cookies, lady locks, raisen filled cookies and at least 12 more kinds of cookies.  I also make several deserts but the 2 I always make are a Junior's cheesecake and a pound cake recipe I have.

Honored Contributor

Everyone's goodies sounds perfect! I generally only make 1 batch of each item and split them up amongst several people. This year, I might make a couple batches of a few items. My granddaughter is wanting to spend time with me learning how to make/cook different things, which I am looking forward to very much. I will send most home with her to share with her friends.