Honored Contributor

Re: What Makes Your Perfect Tossed Salad?

I start with a combination of romaine and baby spinach; adding whatever color peppers I have on hand, several rings of red onion, grated strips of carrot, green onions, cherry tomatoes, sliced hard boiled eggs, shredded cheese (usually cheddar), real bacon, crumbled, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets,thin sliced cucumbers, radishes, sprinkled liberally with either sunflower seeds or toasted sliced almonds, then usually ranch dressing. I think this will be tonight's dinner, as I replenished my supply at the grocery store yesterday and like it better when all is fresh.

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

Favorite Salad

I make this nearly every day. Takes 15 minutes total.

3 slices of Dietz and Watson Gourmet Turkey Breast (low sodium) from Deli at grocery slice into strips

White cheddar cheese with cherries or cranberries or cheddar cheese 1/8 cup cubed

Organic Baby Spinach 2-3 handfuls

Dried Montmorency Cherries 15-20 cherries

Organic Chopped Walnuts 15-20 pieces

Cucumber 1/2 of an unpeeled medium one sliced

Zucchini one entire unpeeled small one sliced thin

Vidalia onion or Red onion 1/4 of a medium one chopped

Avocado 1/2 of one sliced

white mushrooms, remove stems, 6-8 sliced

Homestyle Chatham Village Butter and Garlic Croutons (Whole Foods) a sprinkle 10-12

Dressing 3:1 ratio-oil to vinegar

3 TBLSP Kirkland (Costco) EVO from Tuscany available in glass bottle only certain times of the year, do not purchase EVO in plastic bottle

1 tblsp. Whole Foods Organic 365 Balsamic Vinegar

1 tsp. Organic Maple Syrup Grade A Amber

1 clove of garlic minced

1/2 tsp. Gray Poupon Dijon mustard

1 tsp. lime

1 splash of Chardonnay wine

Whisk all together to emulsify then sit for 5 minutes to blend, strain out garlic pieces.

Assemble all with turkey slices and croutons on top and serve on plate or in large shallow bowl.

Enjoy.

Regular Contributor

Favorite Salad

I make this nearly every day. Takes 15 minutes total.

3 slices of Dietz and Watson Gourmet Turkey Breast (low sodium) from Deli at grocery slice into strips

White cheddar cheese with cherries or cranberries or cheddar cheese 1/8 cup cubed

Organic Baby Spinach 2-3 handfuls

Dried Montmorency Cherries 15-20 cherries

Organic Chopped Walnuts 15-20 pieces

Cucumber 1/2 of an unpeeled medium one sliced

Zucchini one entire unpeeled small one sliced thin

Vidalia onion or Red onion 1/4 of a medium one chopped

Avocado 1/2 of one sliced

white mushrooms, remove stems, 6-8 sliced

Homestyle Chatham Village Butter and Garlic Croutons (Whole Foods) a sprinkle 10-12

Dressing 3:1 ratio-oil to vinegar

3 TBLSP Kirkland (Costco) EVO from Tuscany available in glass bottle only certain times of the year, do not purchase EVO in plastic bottle

1 tblsp. Whole Foods Organic 365 Balsamic Vinegar

1 tsp. Organic Maple Syrup Grade A Amber

1 clove of garlic minced

1/2 tsp. Gray Poupon Dijon mustard

1 tsp. lime

1 splash of Chardonnay wine

Whisk all together to emulsify then sit for 5 minutes to blend, strain out garlic pieces.

Assemble all with turkey slices and croutons on top and serve on plate or in large shallow bowl.

Enjoy.