Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S IN YOUR DEVILLED EGGS?

Finely chopped sweet pickles and onion, mustard, mayo and a small amount of sugar.  

Super Contributor

I use salt, black pepper, mayo and mustard and dust the tops with paprika.
Esteemed Contributor

I place a thin slice of jalapeno in the egg white then add the filling of yolk, mayo, spicy brown mustard, cayenne and smoked paprika.  Once stuffed they are sprinkled with a light dusting of cayenne and smoked paprika.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I've never heard of putting butter in with the yolks before.  I am assuming you'd add the butter along with the mayo and dry mustard. Sounds good to me!

Honored Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

I've never heard of putting butter in with the yolks before.  I am assuming you'd add the butter along with the mayo and dry mustard. Sounds good to me!

@SaveTheTurtles   

Yes, you blend them together.   My eggs are in ice water, so I made sure I had room temp butter.   This is hardly what anyone could call an adventure, but I'm enjoying the anticipation!  Isn't that funny?  

Honored Contributor

I asked my sister about her recipe, and she said she doesn't bother with a variety of ingredients.  Always does the same thing ... a light bleu cheese dressing mixed into the yolks and a couple little green sprinkles of parsley or whatever on top.

Her position is that the light bleu cheese dressing is a proven formula.  Why compete with winning formulas?  Do something else in the kitchen.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

@SaveTheTurtles   

Yes, you blend them together.   My eggs are in ice water, so I made sure I had room temp butter.   This is hardly what anyone could call an adventure, but I'm enjoying the anticipation!  Isn't that funny?  

You will have to let us know how they turn out! 😉 Happy Easter!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

this is my go-to recipe.  I used toasted onions instead of raw onions and sometimes a bit extra hot sauce. I made 7 eggs yesterday in my egg cooker and all of them cut perfectly.  I think my BF ate about 9-10. I use Greek yogurt for the thicker, creamy consistancy. 

Capture.JPG

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

I make mine with Duke's mayo, Dijon mustard, a little dill pickle juice or vinegar, a little black pepper, a little salt, if needed and top with a dusting of smoked paprika. 

@ciao_bella 

Exactly what I use in mine Smiley Happy  Only difference I use white pepper vs black.

Recenty when I noticed Best Foods / Hellman's had changed I switched to Duke's.  Wow so good, what a difference!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't make them---and I only eat maybe 1 or 2 when they are served---HOWEVER----my brother smoked them and OMG!!!!! the angels sang----they were delicious!!! They are my SIL jam. She makes them all the time. I could have and would have eaten alot more----but eveyone devoured them . But if I did make them, I would cook the eggs in my pressure cooker--did that a few days ago and what a huge and wonderful thing that was!! They were perfect and so easy to peel with no chunks taken out by the shell---