Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT'S IN YOUR DEVILLED EGGS?

[ Edited ]

Duke's Mayo

A dab of Weber's Horseradish Mustard

Woeber's Horseradish Sauce to taste (it's loaded with unhealthy ingredients but I allow myself to eat it a few times a year)

Light sprinkle of paprika 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I put my eggs in a pan with water, and when it comes to a rolling boil, I put a lid on, and turn the burner off. I leave the eggs for about 45 minutes while undisturbed.

I then peel them under cold running water, and they peel perfectly every time. 

I put mayo and Chick FIL A sauce along with sweet and dill relish,  salt, and pepper. Add to the egg yolks, and then fill the eggs with a pastry bag. 

They are very good. The Chick FIL A sauce gives the filling a smoky flavor. I buy the regular sauce ( they sell different varieties) at the grocery store. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I make mine with Duke's mayo, Dijon mustard, a little dill pickle juice or vinegar, a little black pepper, a little salt, if needed and top with a dusting of smoked paprika. 

@ciao_bella 

Exactly what I use in mine Smiley Happy  Only difference I use white pepper vs black.

Recenty when I noticed Best Foods / Hellman's had changed I switched to Duke's.  Wow so good, what a difference!

@rockygems123  Same here. I had always used Hellman's mayo until they changed.   I switched to Duke's and it's delicious!  I love white pepper and it's much nicer in deviled eggs, but I rarely have it on hand.  I actually use a peppercorn grinder from QVC, (was a salt & pepper grinder set sold by Mark Miscelli years ago.) I have it filled with multi-colored peppercorns; pink, green, white & black.   I find the mix of different peppercorns distinct in flavor and delicious on anything.  

Happy Easter!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

Interesting about the comparison between Hellmann’s and Dukes. I’ve always purchased Hellmann’s and I guess I never noticed a difference in taste, since they supposedly changed their ingredients. I’ve never tried Dukes, so may try that!
Honored Contributor

I haven't made them in many years, but when I did, all of the above plus capers and anything else that struck me--especially olives green and or black!

Here's a short cut for an egg salad sandwich:  Smear a slice of bread with mayo or yogurt, put some pickle relish on that, and thinly sliced or diced onion if you like, and put slices of boiled eggs on top, pop another slice of bread on top and have a great sandwich with no mess to clean up!  Oh and salt and pepper to taste on the egg slices!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 , I've never thought of adding butter, but since you can substitute mayofor butter when grilling a sandwich, I would assume butter being added with the mayo would be a tasty addition.

Since my furbaby can't have horseradish, I usually just add the basics occasionally adding pickle juice, green olives or capers and forego the hot sauce.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

I make mine with Duke's mayo, Dijon mustard, a little dill pickle juice or vinegar, a little black pepper, a little salt, if needed and top with a dusting of smoked paprika. 

@ciao_bella 

Exactly what I use in mine Smiley Happy  Only difference I use white pepper vs black.

Recenty when I noticed Best Foods / Hellman's had changed I switched to Duke's.  Wow so good, what a difference!

@rockygems123 

I don't use a lot of mayo, but have always used Hellmans when I lived in NY and now use Best Foods, since I'm in SoCal. 

HOW has this recipe changed?  Any idea when this happened?  

Honored Contributor

Mayo and Thousand Island Dressing.

Honored Contributor

I do not keep mayo in the house since I do not care for it.  I use Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing instead with French's mustard.  Sometimes for less calories I will mix the yolk up with salsa and horseradish.  You have to be careful to not put much in at a time so it is not overpowering.  I really like it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I add some whipped cream cheese with some mayo little mustard and sweet relish, it depends on how many eggs you are making. I make egg salad the same way.