Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH SOUP FOR DINNER?

@Tinkrbl44 A thick beef stew?  Over biscuits.

Chili?  Crackers

Bean soup?  Cornbread

Thin vegetable or chicken soup?  Crackers

Split pen or lentil?  Usually crackers maybe cornbread

Dessert?  Fruit!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I make soup, we usually have something with it, depending on what kind of soup.

Pea Soup   - French Bread

Minestrone &

Pasta e ******iole  - Italian Bread

Beef Stew   -  Corn Muffins

Chicken Soup - Italian or French Bread

Chili  -  Corn Muffins or Fritos ( the kids always liked to put

Fritos on top of chili)

When I made turkey soup after Thanksgiving, we had

Italian bread one night and a grilled cheese sandwich with it the next night.

( I can't believe that the name of this classic Italian soup is being blocked. It is a pasta and bean soup with some vegetables. I would never post anything inapropriate here. The

people who monitor the boards must have no knowledge of

Italian cuisine. There are 6 asterisks, when 3 letters are being blocked. Many English words contain letters that if removed from the word, spell something inapropriate. Would the word

be seen as ***ociate here and considered offensive if spelled out completely? By the way, this soup was mispronounced and

called Pasta Fazoo by Jackie Gleason. Is anyone old enough to remember his TV show? Also, the letters blocked mean a cigarette in England.)

Honored Contributor

Salad and keto biscuits. 

Respected Contributor

Extra of what ever is in the soup.  Turkey or Chicken oup?  Into the serving bowl I put some cooked riceor noodles , corn kernnels, black beans and spinach leaves. pour the soup over what's in the bowl add some shredded parmesan cheese to top.  Plenty hearty.  If I just have the plain soup I prefer crusty bread to crackers.

Honored Contributor

We like sandwiches with our soup. 

or crackers.  That's all.  Very little cooking over here

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi! @Tinkrbl44 

I make vegetable soup all winter long.  It's a great way for me to get more veggies into my diet.  I usually make barley, rice or pasta to put with it... (putting it in the soup, while making it, seems to absorb the broth and I like the broth for crackers or bread).

But as for a pairing, because I agree, just soup is usually not enough for me.... I also like a baked potato, a salad, a sandwich or wrap. I might make tator tots or if I have leftovers... like egg rolls or dumplings, a piece of pizza.  

Soup is so versatile.  It's can be a first course or main course or a pairing.  I used to work with a woman that ate soup for breakfast.  I am not there yet, but I think a lot of people do that.... Cornflakes?  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I always eat crusty Italian bread with loads of sesame seeds and a thick slather of real butter with any soup we eat. Very filling and yummy.

Growing up, my mom always had oyster crackers for tomato soup. It was cute. She called them little turtles. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Usually a crescent roll, along with crackers. We finished up turkey vegetable soup make with Thanksgiving leftovers. Now we'll be having lasagna.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I like something cool with hot soup.  My favorite is an apple salad but any salad will do. 

@Kachina624  I like apple salads too. I use apples, thin sliced celery, raisins and red seedless grapes. Kind of like a Waldorf salad. I use bottled blue cheese dressing. What dressing do you use?

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop    I typically use mayo or Miracle Whip thinned with a bit of milk.  Whatever I have on hand.  I use Diced apples, celery, a banana, small can of crushed pineapple, a few chopped pecans, a pear if I have one.  Never used a recipe. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment